The Last Holiday Movie  » Movies  »
  • I like Queen Latifah so I thought this movie would be interesting and I have been in love with this movie ever since I first watched it
  • This movie really made me stop and look at my life and where I was at and it made me want to live life the best I possibly could so that I would have no regrets when I am older
  • I would definitely suggest watching this movie

• by jonna_daniels

The Last Holiday starring Queen Latifah was probably one of the most wonderful and uplifting movies that I have ever seen. I actually borrowed this movie from my local library. I like Queen Latifah so I thought this movie would be interesting and I have been in love with this movie ever since I first watched it. This movie spoke to me and touched my heart in such a way that I had to buy the day after I watched it.

This movie is

about Georgia Byrd (played by Latifah) a mild mannered quiet department store worker who due to a faulty MRI machine is told she has a severe brain disease and is going to die. She gets depressed for a while but while looking through her scrap book of possibilities she decides to cash in everything that she owns and spend the next three weeks of her life living every day to its fullest. She goes to an expensive winter resort, meets a congressman, the owner of her former company, and gets to cook with a renowned chef. It is during this time that she reminds the congressman and several of his associates where they came from and what is the most important in life. However, the CEO of her former company does not like her nor the attention that she is getting from his associates. HE hires a woman who works in the hotel to discover who she is and what she is doing that the resort.

This movie ...

• The Last Holiday Movie
      was all about living life to its fullest and stopping to smell the roses every once in a while. This movie really made me stop and look at my life and where I was at and it made me want to live life the best I possibly could so that I would have no regrets when I am older. This movie actually inspired me to speak up to my boss about my needs as an employee and gave me the courage to leave and look
      for a better job. This movie is a great movie for those who like feel-good dramas that make you cry or those who like romantic comedies as this does have a love story wrapped up in it too.

I would definitely suggest watching this movie. It is so uplifting that it is hard to keep from watching it. It just warms that heart and soul and makes one look at her life seriously and learn to stop and smell the roses every once in a while.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1114101538550131/k2311a1014/10.14.11