Letters to Juliet Movie  » Movies  »
  • Having never seen it before it looked interesting
  • I found it refreshing that a sweet, fairy tale like romantic comedy could be done while still having some integrity to the movie
  • I think that if I ever saw this movie at Wal-Mart for a decent price I would buy it

• by jonna_daniels

A few weeks ago I rented “Letters to Juliet” from my local library. Having never seen it before it looked interesting. Let me give a brief outline of what this movie is about. This movie is about a young woman named Sophie (Amanda Sayfreid) who travels with her fiancé to Italy. During her visit her fiancé is always gone looking for products for his Italian restaurant back in New York. Since she is alone she decides to go sight-seeing and ends up at a wall

that is used for writing letters to Juliet. She writes a letter and right after she posts it to a wall she notices that a woman is collecting them in a basket. She ends becoming a member of a group called “The Secretaries of Juliet” and she discovers a letter that was over 40 years old to which she responds as Juliet. This where the movie takes off as she helps this woman find her long lost love and along the ways falls in love herself ...

• and does a lot of self-discovery about her life and her current relationship.

I did end-up actually liking this movie. It was very sweet and it was basically a fairy-tale without the animation. I did think that the middle of the movie got a little slow and could have been a little more interesting but overall it was pretty decent. This movie has little to no foul language, sexual innuendo, or anything of that nature. It is partly because of the cleanliness of the movie that I

liked it. I found it refreshing that a sweet, fairy tale like romantic comedy could be done while still having some integrity to the movie.

I would suggest this to woman who like modern day fairy tales and to all those out there who have pre-teen and teenage daughters that like romantic comedies. This is a great movie that is good for women of all ages and even for families to enjoy. I think that if I ever saw this movie at Wal-Mart for a decent price I would buy it.

Letters to Juliet Movie

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1114101538530131/k2311a1014/10.14.11