Furama City Center Singapore  » Hotels  »
2.0
60 Eu Tong Sen Street, Singapore
  • So the cost was the most reasonable we could find and we ended up with an executive room for not much more
  • The location isn't all that bad, I managed to walk to the formula one circuit each night and back again after the action, yes I wouldn't recommend it without a water bottle cause its rather hot but its doable and saves what at formula one time is a huge wait for a taxi

• by SchumiRaceFan

First up this wasn’t my first choice of hotel by any means, so we didn’t have all that much expectation. So if you set yourself a low starting expectation this hotel is ok. The main reason we went there is because we got cheap flights to see the formula one race at what is quite short notice for a major event time. So the cost was the most reasonable we could find and we ended up with an executive room for not much more.

The location isn’t all that bad, I managed

to walk to the formula one circuit each night and back again after the action, yes I wouldn’t recommend it without a water bottle cause its rather hot but its doable and saves what at formula one time is a huge wait for a taxi. For normal times of the year just take a taxi, its so cheap in singapore that we just took taxis everywhere. Also being right next to chinatown made for an intereting evening walking through all the stalls and there is ample food choices nearby from western ...

• (mcdonalds and burger king which i prefered) although my girlfriend said the nearby hawker center had good cheap asian fare.

The toiletries were average quality but did have everything you probably need, I liked the view out of our room window, we had a glimpse in the distance of the f1 circuit.

The executive lounge was a let down, they got the first bit right, switching us from main desk to lounge to check in once they knew we had club access, but firstly who puts their executive lounge on the lobby

floor, with no windows. First serious mistake, executive lounges need view, they need to feel exclusive, not a glass fronted room watching people check in. Secondly the hours weren’t really long enough as everything is open late except the club closes at 11pm so no chance of a coke or water when you get back from a long day shopping. The food was alright, the service was good but the room ambiance let it down.

So yes if its cheap enough go with it but there is definately better out there.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 214101538051231/k2311a1014/10.14.11