ReTails Thrift Shop  » Business  »
1608 North Market Drive, Raleigh, NC 27609
  • I love ReTails Thrift shop for a unique shopping experience
  • One of the best things about ReTails is the sales

• by debsey

I love ReTails Thrift shop for a unique shopping experience. I shop in a lot of thrift stores, and this is my favorite one. I totally support their cause, which is pet overpopulation. 100% of the proceeds support “The $20 Fix”, an assistance program to help low-income pet owners have their pets spayed or neutered for $20 or less. All of the mechandise in the store seems to be in good condition. The items are clean and

not broken. They do not sell a lot of electronics, but the ones they do sell are tested first to make sure they work. I have bought probably ten VCRs from there for $4.00 ($8.00 but marked down to half price). All of the VCRs worked well (its my special needs child that breaks them).

The clothing is neatly pressed and arranged by size, and they have a good selection. I am able to quickly find my size and go through a good selection of clean, quality clothing. Most clothing items are under $5.00. I have bought skirts, slacks, jeans, sweaters, shirts, and jackets. Thursdays are the days that clothing is half-price, so I try to buy clothing on that day. They have lots of books, with hardbacks priced for $1.00 and paperbacks priced at 50 cents. They usually have at least one day a month when books are half-priced. They also have ...

• ReTails Thrift Shop
      antique books priced individually. There are usually a few furniture pieces, lots of knick knacks, décor items, and kitchen supplies.

One of the best things about ReTails is the sales! Every day they have some kind of sale (except Mondays when they are closed). Some sales require your participation, like “tell us your best joke and receive 50% off one item”. I have done the chicken dance, made animal sounds, given a New Year’s resolution, tried a hula hoop,

all to get half off one item. Some days, jewelry is 50% off, or anything that hangs on the wall, or anything with red in it or on it. They come up with some zany reasons to have a sale. They also offer a frequent customer card on which you get a punch for every $15.00 spent, so every time I have 10 punches, I get $25.00 store credit. I hardly ever leave ReTails without a great deal!

David Wong says :

For me, shopping in a Thrift Shop is a combination of a sport like fishing and an art. Each require a good stamina, patience and a keen eyes looking for beauty to find something worthwhile, something well-made, fitted and relatively new.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4112101537720431/k2311a1012/10.12.11