AAMCO Ames, IA  » Business  »
1.0
220 South Duff Avenue Ames, IA 50010
  • I believe the bad outweighs the good enough though that I don’t trust them
  • It’s hard to find a car company to completely trust anyways but I would recommend staying away from Aamco
  • Besides the fact that it cost nearly $400 to fix the breaks, something I find extremely overpriced, they offered to pick me up and drop me off from home and got my car in as soon as possible
  • They fixed this problem, helped us get the warranty to cover it, and were, again, very courteous
  • After picking up our truck we immediately noticed that the oil levels were off

• by djatkinson1

I’ve had both good and bad experiences with this company. I believe the bad outweighs the good enough though that I don’t trust them. It’s hard to find a car company to completely trust anyways but I would recommend staying away from Aamco. My first visit with Aamco involved fixing the breaks on my Taurus.

This, overall, went well. Besides the fact that it cost nearly $400 to fix the breaks, something I find extremely overpriced, they offered to pick me up and drop me off from home and got my car in as soon as possible. It did take a long time to get it done, a day and a half, but they were very busy so I understand why it took so long.

They called me as soon as it

was done though. I chose to have a friend take me there instead of them picking me up but it was still a nice offer. They were very courteous and treated me as an individual person rather than just another car to make money off of.

The last few visits I’ve had with Aamco were not so great. We took our truck in because it was sounding funny. They fixed this problem, helped us get the warranty to cover it, and were, again, very courteous.

However, it took a few days for us to get the truck back and we only knew it was done because we called. After picking up our truck we immediately noticed that the oil levels were off. We filled the oil and then only a few days ...

• later it was in need of oil again.

After a week and a half of dealing with this we called Aamco back. They, of course, denied that they would have had any responsibility for the oil leak. They did, however, offer to fix it for $700.

This all seems horribly suspicious to me. Regardless, we have chosen not to have it fixed and have used stop leak to help the situation. We’ve taken the truck there a few times since then, only because our warranty requires us to.

Again, it took a long time for them to finish it, we had to call to find out it was done, and it wasn’t driving right when we picked it up. One time the battery was even dead because the person who worked on

the truck left the radio on the whole time they worked on it, that was nice of them. They also messed up with installing the spark plugs into the truck with the first tune up, and our truck ended up not starting on one of the days when I had to get to work.

Took a bit of fighting between them and CarHop, but the tow cost and the labor and parts were all covered without anything out of pocket for us. Which is nice, but it took a couple of days just to get a spark plug replaced. Since then, we’ve had them replace the rear differential, but the truck has been shaking for a while now since that differential replacement took place.

Overall, Aamco’s reliability should be questioned, along with their overall business ethics.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4112101537650431/k2311a1012/10.12.11