1999 Dodge Ram Sports Edition  » Cars  »
1.0
  • The truck cost us about twelve grand even though it had 130,000 miles on it

• by djatkinson1

This truck is made to look good and that’s about it. We got stuck with this truck after having three vehicles go out on us in the period of a month. We desperately needed a vehicle so went to a buy here pay here place. That was our first mistake.

The truck cost us about twelve grand even though it had 130,000 miles on it. It wasn’t in perfect condition either but it drove, that’s all we cared about at the time. I should have known better than to get it as soon as I saw the lift kit.

I need a truck with true muscle, not a truck that

looks “cool” and doesn’t function. Since we’ve bought the truck I’ve only learned to hate it. It’s cost us a lot more money than just the purchase price since it’s been in the shop at least three times now.

We’ve only owned this vehicle for 6 months! The payments are high as well, 200 dollars every 2 weeks. That averages to 400-600 a month for a used vehicle that can’t even keep running. There’s been an oil leak since shortly after we got the truck.

We were told it’s leaking out through the engine and it’ll cost 500 to repair it? Of course our warranty doesn’t cover this, or anything ...

• else that has gone wrong with the vehicle! We’ve had to replace the entire rear differential, not to mention that the spark plugs had to be replaced a couple of times already. I can’t begin to explain how much I hate this truck. I had a 1998 Silverado before this one and loved it.

It was only a 1500 as well but didn’t seem to have any issues pulling the horse trailers I needed to pull. This Ram on the other hand is lucky to make it up a wet hill without anything attached to the back of it. It’s got a 318 where a 350 should be, and

a body that’s not reinforced to take on anything more than –maybe- a boat attached to the back of it, let alone the horse trailers that we needed.

Overall I would stay far away from this truck, even if you are simply looking for a truck that looks good. The gas mileage is ridiculous. It cost us at least 100/week to fuel the truck.

It guzzles gas like a Hummer, without any of the functionality that you would have with a Hummer as your primary vehicle. Tack that on to how much we are paying and we are now at 800-1000/month for this truck. If you have one, good luck with it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 912101537640431/k2311a1012/10.12.11