Car Hop, DesMoines IA  » Business  »
0.5
2527 Southeast 14th Street Des Moines, IA 50320
  • I don’t recommend buying from this company
  • I believe my own photo with my fiancé is up there now too, but I am far from a happy customer
  • Great to know they were so sympathetic about the issue… Since then the truck has been in the shop two more times

• by djatkinson1

I don’t recommend buying from this company. To say the least they are scam artist that think nothing of screwing over innocent people. When you walk into the store it seems very promising.

The people are very friendly, they seem fairly busy, and there are thousands of positive remarks about them written up on their walls. I remember thinking “If this many people are happy with Car Hop I have nothing to worry about!” They even had photos of the people who bought from them.

I believe my own photo with my fiancé is up there now too, but I am far from a

happy customer. The catch is this, they have you sign that paper as soon as you buy a vehicle, of course you are happy and relieved then!

First off, they are extremely over-priced.

They can do this though since the people coming to them are ones that need to buy based on payment plans and are in desperate need of a vehicle. This is where they are good at taking advantage of people in need.

I should have left when an elderly couple came in and voiced concerns about things they had heard about car hop. By the way, they didn’t give us the ...

• price of the vehicle until we had been there for HOURS.

We started at 10 in the morning and didn’t officially have a vehicle until 9 at night. After being exhausted and over stressed I was more than happy to just have a vehicle and be done with it all.

When I drove the vehicle home it drove very well. However, just two days later I started noticing issues.

We took it in the shop and found it had all sorts of problems. Our Warranty tried to fight us on it but we finally got them to pay.

After that I immediately contacted Car

Hop in hopes of being able to get a vehicle that wasn’t a lemon in place of the one we had. They told us no and that we were required to finish paying for the truck, the problems were ours now.

Great to know they were so sympathetic about the issue… Since then the truck has been in the shop two more times. Keep in mind we’ve only owned this truck for about 6 months! We are constantly fighting with the warranty people and have grown to hate car hop.

We want nothing more than to get rid of this vehicle and never have anything to do with Car Hop again.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4112101537630431/k2311a1012/10.12.11