Finish Powerball Tabs  » Housewares  »
2.5
  • These come in a box and each of the tabs is separately packed in a aluminium like wrapper - not exactly eco, I have to say I prefer the ones that are not separately packed since you use them up quite fast anyway - well at least they are not packed in plastic
  • What I like about tabs opposed to the powder is that all you have to do is take one pop it in the dishwasher and you are done
  • As you open the tablet you will find out that this one has a very subtle scent, this being a good of bad thing is rather irrelevant in my opinion since the dishes when they are done (and dried) have no scent no matter how much perfumed tab you would use
  • Well in my experience they are somewhat good
  • Gladly I have a ton of pots so this does not bother me as much personally and the ones in question are not my favourite pots

• by Mintaka

In general tabs for a dishwasher are quite a bit more expensive than powder but these are 100x more easy to use and putting powder in a dishwasher can be a pain. We are not faithful to a certain brand of tabs in our household, we buy them as they are on sale or special offer.

These come in a box and each of the tabs is separately packed in a aluminium like wrapper - not exactly eco, I have to say I prefer the ones that are not separately packed since you use them up quite fast anyway - well at least they are not packed in plastic.

What I like about tabs opposed to the powder is that all you have to

do is take one pop it in the dishwasher and you are done. Most of them are “multi-functional” and you won’t need to add anything else to the dishwasher (for sparkle, etc).

This particular one is also one of those it is promoted as “All in one” with it’s 3 cleaning functions (the white, the blue and the red ball, ehm powerball). So tab alone is enough to do the dirty work.

As you open the tablet you will find out that this one has a very subtle scent, this being a good of bad thing is rather irrelevant in my opinion since the dishes when they are done (and dried) have no scent no matter how much perfumed tab you would use.

Now to the ...

• most important part, how well do they clean?

Well in my experience they are somewhat good. I would not praise them exactly since they have a hard time cleaning dried stuff and sometimes I have noticed stains that did not wash well on cutlery. If there is some leftover dried food in pots it can remain unwashed also. Nevertheless one should not put stuff with dried food on it in the dishwasher in the first place - still there were tabs I have used that took care of this problem more efficiently. As for the “normal” use goes I am really satisfied with these, they do clean the dishes well and do not damage them - I always check the glasses after the wash

and none of them seemed to get damaged by this ones and some glasses had more than 50 washes with these. However I can’t say that they have a shine to them after use. As for the pots go I have noticed there is some abrasion on some of the pots (from one manufacturer) which does concern me a bit and I stopped washing them in dishwasher as long as I have these tabs. Gladly I have a ton of pots so this does not bother me as much personally and the ones in question are not my “favourite” pots.

I do not think this one is bad but it certainly did not impress me enough that I would eagerly wish to buy it again. Mediocre.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5311101536870331/k2311a1011/10.11.11