Ultra Sheen Supreme Regular Strength Hair Relaxer Kit
2.0
  • He decided to purchase the best value, and bought the Ultra Sheen Supreme Regular Hair Relaxer Kit from a local Sally’s beauty supply
  • I was immediately disappointed to notice that this product did not have any conditioner or a pretreatment to protect my hair from damage
  • I also noticed that it was sore in some areas and that I felt pain around my edges the most
  • This relaxer was so bad, that I decided to throw the other one away
  • I would not recommend this product to anyone with sensitive scalp or thin or sensitive hair

• by adrean_j

When I first saw this relaxer kit, I was a little skeptical. I am very particular about the products that I put into my hair, but found myself in a situation when I had virtually no choice. My loving husband decided to take it upon himself to purchase my relaxer for me. He decided to purchase the best value, and bought the Ultra Sheen Supreme Regular Hair Relaxer Kit from a local Sally’s beauty supply. He said that he paid about 5 dollars for the box, which contained two relaxers instead of one. I automatically thought that this deal sounded too good to be true and knew that it could not be the best quality. The packaged came with two neutralizers, to relaxer creams, one bottle of shampoo,

and a bottle of setting lotion. I was immediately disappointed to notice that this product did not have any conditioner or a pretreatment to protect my hair from damage. There were two sets of gloves and one mixing stick, which was kind of annoying considering I could only use it once and there were two relaxers.

As I mixed the relaxer, I did not notice anything unusual and thought it mixed well. As I applied it, it was not too strong and did not burn immediately, like some others on the market. I really did not have any problems with this product until I washed it out of my hair. First, I ended up using my own conditioner, which I had to use loads of. My hair immediately felt ...

• dry and rough after washing this relaxer out. I also noticed that it was sore in some areas and that I felt pain around my edges the most. I used triple the amount of conditioner that I usually do, and it still did nothing to help the dryness and irritation. After drying my hair, and oiling it, it still did not feel normal. I can say that this Ultra Sheen relaxer left my hair feeling brittle and rough for about a week. Besides that, I noticed that I was shedding more hair than usual. This relaxer was so bad, that I decided to throw the other one away.

Overall, this relaxer did get my hair straight and it did relax the curls. The main problem was the after

effects. I also did not like that I had to wash my hair four times, and I usually only have to wash it three times after relaxing it. I would not recommend this product to anyone with sensitive scalp or thin or sensitive hair. Also it makes the hair look dull, and it seemed that I actually lost luster and shine after using this product. The price may make this relaxer tempting, but I can assure everyone to turn the other way. I have purchased single relaxer kits at the same price that actually work to protect the hair and scalp as well as, straighten the hair. I feel that if this product is used continuously, it could only further damage, and leave me with dull, hard, and short hair.

Felice says :

re : He decided to purchase the best value, and bought the Ultra Sheen Supreme Regular Hair Relaxer Kit from a local Sally’s beauty supply
    It straightens my hair fast and it’s a little brittle

Jacquie says :

My hair stylist has actually started using this poor quality boxed relaxer kit in her salon I can’t believe it This product has ruined my once lovely head of hair. It has dried out my hair, stripped the luster from it, and caused me to have some severe breakage (a bald spot in the back of my head). I once had bouncing and behaving hair and now I have a lifeless mess I am also hurt and disgusted that my stylist would be so cheap and run the risk of ruining her clients’ hair Yet, she did

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3110101536841231/k2311a1010/10.10.11