Kyocera Sanyo Zio Android Phone  » Phones  »
  • I found myself needing to purchase another phone after only 5 months
  • Though I like the phone, I have had a few issues with it
  • The first issue that upset me was the fact that the touch calibration on the Zio is way off
  • I have also noticed that when I am trying to press a link on the internet, it will instead press another link nearby

• by adrean_j

The Sanyo Zio phone was not my first choice of android phone. When I first purchased an android phone earlier this year, it was the Huawei Ascend. That phone ended up being horrible, skipping, freezing, and pausing until I could not take it anymore. I found myself needing to purchase another phone after only 5 months. I then decided to just pay $100 and purchase the Zio from cricket, especially since it had newer software than the Huawei. This phone was slim and sleek with a 3.5” screen. The phone is not as heavy as other androids

like it, and is much more bearable to hold for long periods of time, it is also not very wide. Though I like the phone, I have had a few issues with it. The first issue that upset me was the fact that the touch calibration on the Zio is way off. I have a hard time pressing what I am trying to press, and find myself often having to type words over and over, correcting letters. This can be very frustrating. I have also noticed that when I am trying to press a link on the internet, it will instead press another link nearby.

I like that this phone comes with a standard headphone jack, which makes it possible for me to use my favorite headphones without any extra attachments or adapters. This phone is currently running froyo 2.2 software on Cricket, which is smooth enough, though there are still glitches and freezes every now and then. I also do not like that when I am watching videos, there is not possible way to zoom in and get full screen. The video is always shown in widescreen or is just a small box surrounded ...

• Kyocera Sanyo Zio Android Phone
      by a black box. Also there are quite a few games in the marketplace that do not work on this phone, which is annoying. The camera is decent, but not as clear as I would like. If the room is not well lit, the pictures come out looking like a dark blur. Also, the camera is initially set at 2.0 megapixels and must be adjusted to 3.2 manually. This was a little frustrating, because I did not understand the poor quality for a week.

The phone is loud and has a strong vibrate feature, which makes it almost

impossible to miss messages and calls. The Zio is a pretty decent phone for the price and is a great option for those looking into using a prepaid carrier. This phone is also available on the Sprint network. The screen clarity and memory card slot will probably be the most appreciated features. For those who like to transfer a lot of media from their phone to their computer, this can be kind of a nuisance. The computer cannot just recognize the phone, and a special program must be used. The program sometimes cannot recognize the phone, which leads to troublesome troubleshooting.

Ivaylo Stoychkov says :

I like this review and I’m already fall in love in this cell phone.Your review is very infomative and well-written.I’m still happy with my cellular phone but when the time for changing come I will desire this model.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3710101536831231/k2311a1010/10.10.11