BIC lighter  » Other  »
  • They cost 3.99 for a pack of five of the mini Bic at our local Wal-Mart store
  • They have a new feature they day makes the lighters child proof but I think it's more like they are adult proof

• by sadonna
      Bic is a well known brand name when it comes to lighters and with good reason. They are the most reliable and dependable lighter that I have ever used.

They cost 3.

99 for a pack of five of the mini Bic at our local Wal-Mart store.

If you

choose to buy them separately they cost a dollar or more.

The price though is well worth it.

I would rather have a Bic in my pocket when I go camping than a pack of matches that may get wet and not work at all.

The other brands ...

• are hard to strike as they seem to stick quite often.

They have a new feature they day makes the lighters child proof but I think it’s more like they are adult proof.

After all older people have more trouble with the child proof ones than the children

do.

I think as parents it is our responsibility to put things up out of the reach of our children and teach them good habits when it comes to things like matches and lighters not make it hard for adults to use them by putting on such nonsense safety features.

BIC lighter
    Lou says :

BIC lighters. Sure they are the most reliable disposable lighters. But long lasting?
    The non adjustable flame height has been ridiculously high for a few years now. This can only be to reduce their lifetime.
    In warmer weather the flame can be up to 40mm long (nearly 1 and 3 quarter inches). Smoking roll your owns, they go out and when relighting them I often burn my nose hair and when I have to huddle over in windy conditions, sometimes even eyebrows.
    I’ve had enough. Changing brands.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 122504153671130/k2311a0425/4.25.07