Arnica Pain Relief Gel  » Medicine  »
1.0
  • I felt like I had tried almost everything when I noticed the Arnica Pain Relief Gel on the shelves at my local Walgreens store
  • I paid about ten dollars for the small 2.6 ounce tube of gel
  • The real problem with this gel was the fact that it did not reduce the pain
  • I know it was supposed to be all natural and reduce swelling, but I felt the same after using it multiple times
  • It is definitely not recommended to anyone with reoccurring or constant body aches

• by adrean_j

I have been suffering from a lot of muscle strain recently, and felt that the pain and the swelling was slowly becoming unbearable. I have been cutting back on how many oral medications I ingest and try to find pain relief through ointments and gels. I felt like I had tried almost everything when I noticed the Arnica Pain Relief Gel on the shelves at my local Walgreens store. The gel was not very expensive, but also not cheap. I paid about ten dollars for the small 2.6 ounce tube of gel. The tube was easy to open and the seal broke effortlessly, with the

sharp edge on the cap. This medication was supposed to relieve muscle stiffness, pain, bruising, and swelling, so I had very high hopes for it.

When I used the gel, I noticed that it did not have an overwhelming smell, like many other pain relief rubs. The active ingredient is natural arnica and it contains no menthol, which is a plus. What I did not like was that the gel was very thin and slippery. It rubbed in easily, but left my skin feeling very sticky and uneasy. I noticed a faint scent after rubbing it in, but it is nothing compared to others, like ...

• Bengay or Icy Hot. The real problem with this gel was the fact that it did not reduce the pain. I know it was supposed to be all natural and reduce swelling, but I felt the same after using it multiple times. I was quite shocked that a product within this price range would do such a poor job. I still felt swelling and I still felt the strong muscle aches.

I also did not like, how difficult it as to wash this gel off. It is clear and does not make the skin look unnatural, but it makes my skin feel really sticky as

I washed it off. I did not like this product, simply because it did not work. I used this product three times a day, as recommended and had no relief at all. Also, since the tube is so small, it really only lasts for about four or five days, at the most. My pain is pretty severe, so I do understand that it is difficult to relieve it. This product may be okay for those with very mild or light pain. It is definitely not recommended to anyone with reoccurring or constant body aches. It could possibly be an option for those looking for natural or scentless medicines.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2610101536671231/k2311a1010/10.10.11