Hada Labo Arbutin Whitening Emulsion
  • I find it reasonable since other moisturizers like Olay for instance cost almost the same
  • This time I wanted to try a Japanese made moisturizer because Japanese products are great in my opinion and well suited for Asian skin
  • It also has no fragrance, no mineral oil and definitely not alcohol based
  • I learned later that I should just use around 4-5 drops on my palm and it will be great for my face and neck
  • I like how this product is absorbed on the skin

• by appaboy

I have been reading rave reviews about the Hada Labo line of skin care. In fact, their ad has been really inviting because they emphasized in having Hyaluronic acid in their products that can really keep the moisture in and stop the appearance of wrinkles and dryness. I have also read negative reviews on their Hyaluronic Lotion though, because some people get small bumps and irritations on their skins after multiple uses. When I was in Watsons HK, it kind of was difficult to identify Hada Labo because most of the stuff written on the packaging was in Japanese and Chinese. I made sure to approach a sales person and asked her about this product, that I wanted the Hada Labo Arbutin Whitening Emulsion. She handed me a bottle with pink line on the right part and some Japanese character with the letter

C right below the writing. I am assuming it says Vitamin C on that part.

This bottle of 140ml costs HK$130. I find it reasonable since other moisturizers like Olay for instance cost almost the same. This time I wanted to try a Japanese made moisturizer because Japanese products are great in my opinion and well suited for Asian skin. In the website, this product contains Arbutin, Bearbery extract and vitamin C, great for keeping the skin moisturized and clear. It also has no fragrance, no mineral oil and definitely not alcohol based.

Hada Labo Arbutin Whitening Emulsion is a moisturizing milk. I honestly thought it was a toner (the toners, for the Japanese, are called Lotion). The bottle has a flip top and I started to pour a little on my palms. I learned later that I should just use around 4-5 drops ...

• on my palm and it will be great for my face and neck. The emulsion is translucent, milky and runny and is not thick. I pressed my palms together and applied the emulsion on my face by patting it slowly until it dries up. Sometimes when I am in a hurry I just dry it out on its own. I then follow with my night cream or SPF lotion afterward, depending on the time of day.

I like how this product is absorbed on the skin. It does absorb a little longer than my usual moisturizers, but leaves my skin so soft and moisturized, but not too oily. I have been using it for a week now, but even then when I first used it, the results are the same. My skin feels damp, moisturized and healthy. My dry skins on the sides

of my nose have disappeared and have become softer. My pores don’t look so obvious now. I hardly have to use my exfoliating facial wash now because I don’t feel any dry spots on my face. I have no skin irritations and developed no pimples at all. This is truly working for me because my skin adjusted so well with it and I don’t have to suffer breakouts just like what happens when I try on new products.

I love this product. I have dry skin so this works really well for me. I am not sure about those who have oily skin. It has only been a week too so I cannot really tell if my skin has lightened up or not. Anyway it doesn’t matter for now, as long as I get clear, young, moisturized skin and don’t get breakouts at all.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3110101536441131/k2311a1010/10.10.11