Dermablend Professional Cover Creme
  • I recently purchased Dermablend's Professional Cover Creme after reading tons of great reviews about the product, so I decided to give my own opinion
  • I bought this product because I have had problems with rosacea since I was a child, and many foundations simply won't cover the redness
  • I paid just over $30 for the Dermablend, anxiously waited for this miracle product, and here are my findings
  • I think it works great as a concealer or a foundation
  • I would say this isn't the miracle I was hoping for, but I will definitely use it in the future

• by WordyGirl

I recently purchased Dermablend’s Professional Cover Creme after reading tons of great reviews about the product, so I decided to give my own opinion. I bought this product because I have had problems with rosacea since I was a child, and many foundations simply won’t cover the redness. I paid just over $30 for the Dermablend, anxiously waited for this “miracle” product, and here are my findings.

The product comes in a small 1 ounce plastic jar with a lid, and I worried that this wouldn’t last very long. It comes in a small box with instructions and a spatula to remove the product from the jar. Dermablend is really thick, and you cant simply dip a sponge into the jar. So, I put a blob on the back of my hand, and per the instructions, rubbed in a circular motion with my finger to soften and warm it up. To my surprise, it became

much creamier and spread very well. I could then dab my spong onto it and rub it on my face, or tap it on with my fingertip. It went on my face pretty well, and blended rather easily. It can become a bit thick and cakey if you don’t spread it evenly. It covers pretty well, better than most drugstore foundations, but it wasn’t quite the miracle I had hoped for. I didn’t buy the setting powder from Dermablend, which was a mistake. The Cover Creme slid off of my face after about 30 minutes of wear, no matter how much of my regular face powder I applied.

The next day, I tried again. I put smaller amounts on my face and built it up slowly in areas that needed more coverage. I let it soak into my skin completely, then lightly powdered it. This worked a lot better. The coverage was really good, and ...

• it didn’t look as cakey in smaller amounts. It really does cover blemishes and imperfections really well, and lasted longer if I didn’t apply it too thick. Another trick to making it blend evenly is to apply your facial moisturizer with a foundation brush, then use the same brush to apply the moisturizer. My moisturizer softened the Cover Creme and helped it spread more evenly. Blend, blend, then blend some more! It does take some practice to get it to look even on your face. It was really soft, and I am extremely pale but the color matched my skin tone nicely.

My final verdict: I think it works great as a concealer or a foundation. Since purchasing it, I have used this product in tiny dabs as a concealer to cover zits or under the eyes. I’ve even put other makeup over it, and it stayed all day as long as I set

it with powder. Always warm it up on the back of your hand first so it will be creamy when you apply it. Get a good foundation brush to blend it if a sponge doesn’t work. Moisturize your face really well before using it, and I would recommend trying their setting powder or a really good mattifying powder to set it. It may not work for everyone, but it’s a fantastic concealer that can be a great addition to your makeup arsenal even if you can’t use it as a foundation. Be careful in areas where it can get cakey, like around the mouth, nose, and eyes. It’s really thick, and I did get a couple of pimples when I slept in the Cover Creme. I rarely ever have breakouts, so this must have been a makeup issue. I would say this isn’t the miracle I was hoping for, but I will definitely use it in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3110101536421131/k2311a1010/10.10.11