Pantene Pro-V Heat Protection and Shine Spray
  • Prior to discovering this spray, I found that I often had split ends or strands that easily frizzed after a few weeks of heat treatment on my hair, even if I rarely did subject my hair to high heat appliances
  • The only major problem with this product is the nozzle

• by Elizabeth Duncan

I use this heat protection spray whenever I need to straighten or blow dry my hair. Prior to discovering this spray, I found that I often had split ends or strands that easily frizzed after a few weeks of heat treatment on my hair, even if I rarely did subject my hair to high heat appliances. There were several options at my local grocery store to choose from, however the Pantene spray caught my interest immediately.

The bottle is slim and attractive, weighing in at 8.5 oz and coming with a spritz-type nozzle. It was also one of the cheaper options, though not something that

I would normally choose to spring for. I was desperate to protect my hair, however, so I put aside my doubts and decided to try it out.

For about half the bottle I was delighted. It sprayed nicely and evenly over long hair, easily brushing through my locks to coat them evenly. I found that after blow drying my hair really did shine, as well as become soft and straighter than I had ever managed to get it before. It also smelled delightful, which is something Pantene excels at. The scent really helped to cover up the faint burn smell that sometimes clings to hair ...

• after blow drying or straightening. With the use of a straightener, however, the hair did not shine as much, though the other effects were still beautifully present.

There are a few downsides, however, though they are more concerned with the functionality of the bottle rather than the product itself. The only major problem with this product is the nozzle. Once the spray gets down to roughly half its use, the stream that is sprayed out onto your hair becomes very thin, only hitting patches of your hair. You must then spread it out with a comb, though I have not found a truly efficient way of

spreading out the product without spraying too much.

Also, the only thing keeping the liquid from being sprayed all over a bag during travel is a small hook-like piece that is put in between the handles of the pump to keep it from being compressed. This little piece is easily lost, and from then on you have to be extremely careful when taking the bottle around with you.

Overall, I love this spray. It works very well at straightening the hair and keeping it safe from the use of heat. The nozzle issues are a bit aggravating, but shouldn’t dissuade you too much from use of the product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3110101536411131/k2311a1010/10.10.11