Syfo Tangerine Orange Sparkling Water  » Food  »
1.0
  • I have found a couple that I like quite a bit, but they are more expensive than I would like for them to be
  • Accordingly, I decided to try Syfo Sparkling Water
  • Unfortunately, this product did not live up to my hopes for it
  • All I could taste was plain, boring carbonated water
  • Although I prefer it over plain bottled water because at least the carbonation gives it a little zing, that is not enough to persuade me to repuchase this product

• by deem

Recently I have been trying to reduce my consumption of diet soft drinks. Therefore, I have been trying flavored waters. I have found a couple that I like quite a bit, but they are more expensive than I would like for them to be. Accordingly, I decided to try Syfo Sparkling Water.

Specifically, I chose the naturally flavored Tangerine Orange flavor because it sounded tasty and refreshing. In addition, a 1 liter (33.8 fluid ounce) bottle was only 87 cents in my local supermarket.

Unfortunately, this product did not live up to my hopes for it. Although it is supposed to be Tangerine Orange flavor, I could not actually detect any orange flavor in this Syfo Sparkling Water. In fact, I could not detect any type of flavor at all, orange or otherwise. To me, this sparkling water tasted basically like plain, unflavored sparkling water or seltzer to be even more precise. Although it was not horrible, it certainly did not ...

• Syfo Tangerine Orange Sparkling Water
      taste like flavored water. All I could taste was plain, boring carbonated water. The only positive attribute to this beverage is the fact that it has no calories and no sodium, but that does not make up for the fact that it has no taste also.

I would not purchase Syfo Sparkling Water

again, in any flavor. Although I prefer it over plain bottled water because at least the carbonation gives it a little zing, that is not enough to persuade me to repuchase this product. Instead, I will continue on my search for flavored waters that give my much beloved diet soft drinks a run for the money.

Cathy Crossan says :

We are sorry you were unhappy with our SYFO Tangerine Orange Naturally Flavored Sparkling Water. All of our flavorings are derived from the oil selectively extracted from the peel of the fruit and are PG (propylene glycol) free. The flavorings are judiciously added to our purified (by reverse osmosis) water to provide a hint of flavor. Our goal is to keep the product as pure, simple, healthy and effervescent as possible WITHOUT the use of artificial sweeteners, flavor enhancers and preservatives. Whenever you compare SYFO to the other brands, please be sure to read the labels carefully. If you want to avoid sugar, SYFO is fantastic to add to other beverages and juices to cut the sugar or high fructose corn syrup content. We also make Lemon-Lime, Wild Cherry and Plain SYFO Original Seltzer. Please visit our website: for more information.

Christine T. says :

I totally disagree with Cathy. Though I always drink a lot of water too. I think the SYFO flavored brands are wonderful I am even more delighted to hear there is no HFCS, since it is often aliased as`natural flavors’ Since finding this product I think I have doubled my water intake I like it chilled on ice, but also find it is appealing even after the ice melts or if slightly room temperature One brand I won’t mention was a little cheaper, but way sweet (My first clue that it had HFCS…yuk ) Now I only get the SYFO brand Love all the flavors But Wild Cherry is my favorite.

Martin Evans says :

I too was looking for a source for flavored waters to cut down on soda consumption and came across Syfo naturally flavored waters. I have to disagree with who ever wrote the review above, I think you must have destroyed your taste buds before drinking these beverages because I found each to have a great deal of flavor, especially the Tangerine Orange. It is not overwhelming but that would be orange juice wouldn’t it. The Wild Cherry is also quite refreshing and flavorful. If you are expecting something sweet and soda like, this is not for you, it is refreshing and the sparkling bubbles give it a bit of a zing. I do notice that when served at room temperature the flavor is not quite as apparent as if it is well chilled. My one wish is for Syfo to sell the flavoring as well so we could add some to our own taste. I personally would buy a bunch of the flavoring. lol

Liz Smith says :

I have been buying Syfo for many years, even before the flavors came along. I love the orange tangerine, totally disagree with Cathy that said it has no flavor. Losing your sense of smell and taste really sucks. I frequently
add an Airborne tablet with it, as the tablet dissolves quite nicely with the bubbles, and the flavor is similar. Is this product line available in the Louisville Kentucky area? thank you. I currently purchase it from Publix, here in FL.

Julie Williams says :

re : All I could taste was plain, boring carbonated water
Syfo Orange Tangerine "flavored" water has no flavor in it whatsoever. How ironic that it has two flavors in the name of it, but no flavor at all It tastes like plain old, nasty sparkling water. It was a big disappointment and a waste of money. There are plenty of flavored waters out there that actually offer flavor. This is NOT one of them.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 277101536280131/k2311a107/10.7.11