Martha’s Country Bakery  » Restaurants  »
3621 Ditmars Blvd., Astoria, NY 11105
  • This is one of my favorite bakeries in Queens, mostly because I love their rainbow cookies
  • They put a layer of jelly in between the colored cake layers, and that really makes them even more amazing
  • From my experience, most rainbow cookies don't have that added jelly layer
  • I think their scale is off or they are just telling me some random number

• by Mindmatters

This is one of my favorite bakeries in Queens, mostly because I love their rainbow cookies. I am constantly in here getting baked goods for myself or friends.

This place is always packed and sometimes the lines are a little long to take goods to go. They have plenty of staff working there, but the line seems to take awhile.

I usually go in there to get their rainbow cookies, because they always taste fresh and moist. They put a layer of jelly

in between the colored cake layers, and that really makes them even more amazing. From my experience, most rainbow cookies don’t have that added jelly layer. I’m not sure if it is strawberry or raspberry jelly, but it is good and worth trying.

I once had their 7 layer chocolate cake. I wouldn’t say this is a must try, but I did enjoy it with their regular coffee. There is nothing that stands out with this cake, and there is probably something ...

• missing to it. I do like that every layer of cake is spread with a layer of chocolate mousse. It seems like a lot of chocolate by just looking at it, but it is really not that bad.

Their cupcakes are fabulous and for 2.50, that is a steal. The red velvet cupcake melted in my mouth. My friend got a vanilla cupcake with white chocolate shavings on top. She couldn’t stop telling me how good it was.

The one thing here

that bothers me is that every time I get a rainbow cookie, I feel like the prices constantly vary. One day I pay less and one day I pay too much. I don’t understand it but I come back anyways. I think their scale is off or they are just telling me some random number.

The staff is young and friendly. They welcome you when you enter, and that is a nice thing to get when you are having a bad day.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 76101536020731/k2311a106/10.6.11