Parelli Horse Training Course  » Pets  »
Wisconsin
  • Another thing I like that he teaches is that he teaches people about horse psychology
  • In my opinion, that is the way people should be taught
  • I recommend this course for anyone who is serious about training horses

• by arabgirl28

I want to give the Parelli Horse Training Course a A+ review. Pat Parelli is a wonderful trainer with a wonderful course. I like that the course uses kindness.

Horses don’t learn when they are hurt by their trainer. Parelli uses techniques that concentrate on how the horse thinks.

He trains me the correct way to

be a good trainer - to think like a horse. My training techniques now concentrate making the horse comfortable - making my horse my partner, where the horse wants to do things for me.

Another thing I like that he teaches is that he teaches people about horse psychology. In my opinion, that is the way people should be taught.

...

• The course is very, very complete and it takes you through issues one step at a time. Never does it assume you know anything.

The course teaches you the reasoning behind what they do, not the typcal “this is what you do, so just do it”. The Parelli training course is a better teacher than some of

the college courses I have had.

The course is expensive, but it is something you will use for a lifetime so in the long run it isn’t that expensive. If you run into a bump in the road, this course provides you actual Parelli trained trainers to talk to.

I recommend this course for anyone who is serious about training horses.

TONI CHARMAN says :

how do you know when a horse is getting pleasure happy when doing training???

John says :

Toni, the facial expression will appear to be alert, and the face will appear more attentive.

Galega says :

There are three facial signs you can notice when your horse is happy:
    Your horse’s nostrils should be relaxed, soft and round.
    His lip line. Your horse’s lip line should curl down slightly in a relaxed, soft manner.
    His lower jaw. Your horse’s lower jaw should be loose when he’s feeling happy.

TONI CHARMAN says :

i am currently in my first year if bachelor of equine science and a question that keeps comming into mind is how do you know when a horse is getting pleasure whist being trained. like how do you know when the horse is enjoying what its doing whilst in training??

John says :

The horse will appear more attentive and relaxed. You should notice these in it’s facial expressions.

Galega says :

Take a look at three facials signs which may hold clue whether your horse is happy or not. It is valid in all circumstances, not just during training period.

Your horse s nostrils should be relaxed, soft and round.
    His lip line. Your horse s lip line should curl down slightly in a relaxed, soft manner.
    His lower jaw. Your horse s lower jaw should be loose when he s feeling happy

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in April, 2007. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 292504153591030/k2311a0425/4.25.07