Olay total effects foaming cleanser  » Cosmetics  »
  • It makes a bold claim to have seven different benefits so I will approach this review by explaining just how well I think this foaming cleanser lives up to its claims

• by mittenzthecat

I have been using the Olay total effects foaming cleanser for about three weeks now, ever since my previous face wash had run out. It makes a bold claim to have seven different benefits so I will approach this review by explaining just how well I think this foaming cleanser lives up to its claims.

Claim 1: removes excess oil

I dont particularly suffer from oily skin. I do occasionally get a little oil build up under my eyes, and I am reasonably happy that this cleanser manages to remove this oil from my skin.

Claim 2: gets rid of dirt

If I have not been wearing any makeup all day and then I

wash my face with this cleanser, I do think it pulls a fair amount of dirt from my face. I use makeup pads to apply the cleanser and they usually pull of a fair bit of dirt at the end of each day. Whilst I dont go rolling in the mud or anything, it is reassuring to know that the dirt is being lifted from my face each day.

Claim 3: removes makeup

I absolutely disagree with this claim! If Ihave been wearing foundation throughout the day, this face wash barely pulls any of it off! I guess its not too bad if I’ve only been wearing a face powder, but its not ...

• great on mousse or liquid foundation and does practically nothing for waterproof mascara apart from sticking my eyelids closed.

Claim 4: gentle on skin

I would say that this is accurate, at least it is for me. I have dry and sensitive skin and theres nothing about this cleanser that makes things any worse for me on that score.

Claim 5: Doesnt overdry

Again, I have dry flaky skin anyway so I have to moisturise a lot. The olay cleanser doesnt particularly make things worse although I do moisturise so I’m not sure how it would fare if I didn’t.

Claim 6: helps lift away dull surface of the skin

I do believe my skin has been

looking more radient since I began using this cleanser. I suppose all that dirt removal has something to do with it as the foaming wash gets right into the pores and pulls away all the dead skin cells. It certainly doesnt have any exfoliating power.

Claim 7: non-comedognic

This basically means that it wont make you break out in acne spots. I dont now and never have suffered from acne. I am not sure if this claim is true or not but I havn’t developed any spots since using it.

If you need a harsh makeup remover, dont go for this. For a simple face cleanser, this is probably a good choice.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 315101535390331/k2311a105/10.5.11