Spider-Man: Web of Shadows game
  • This is by far the best aspect of the game
  • Now, the missions on the other hand, are just either very exciting or downright boring
  • The sound effects are adequate, but the script is so bad, the voice work could have been good and I haven't noticed it

• by Kai Manners

Ok. I’ll say it right now. I love Spider-Man. Wait… that’s not clear enough. I’m OBSESSED with Spider-Man. So, of course, I like this game. Not all of it. Half of it. But I had fun. Because I’m a little biased.

Graphics: Since I played it on an Xbox 360, it looked good. Though Spider-Man looked good and the New York did, but still, the frame rate did drop occasionally and some stuff looked REALLY weird. The people of New York looked really weird some times, the animations of other characters look weird, and the symbiotes looked weird. Not

bad, but weird. There was some screen tearing here and there, but generally, it’s a decent looking game. Though I must note New York and Spidey’s movements are beautiful.

Gameplay: This is by far the best aspect of the game. Players can change from the red costume to the black costume in a click of a button. Red spidey is fast, fluent, and uses his webs for spectacular combos, while the black spidey uses power and tendrills to take down foes. The combat can get repetitive at times, but overall it’s fun. Now, the missions on the other hand,

• are just either very exciting or downright boring. It’s very harmful to make an opinion on a game that can be really fun or really boring. But cmon… it’s Spider-Man. Swinging around New York is better than ever. I can do this for hours on end. It looks great and the physics are great.

Story: The worst part. None of the characters are true to themselves and the story is incedibly stupid. So stupid, I just want to ignore fully. Venom tries to take over the city and everyone becomes symbiotic. It’s absurd and was executed very poorly. Absolute

worst part of this game. There’s no need to get into a story that is terrible and fairly shallow.

Sound: The voice acting pretty terrible as well. The sound effects are adequate, but the script is so bad, the voice work could have been good and I haven’t noticed it. The music is forgettable, though not necessarily bad. Typical is the word for it.

Lasting appeal: I have played almost EVERY Spider-Man game. This would be my 4th favorite one. It’s core mechanics are fantastic, but the poor story and voice work and repetitiveness bring it down a full 1000 notches.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 284101535170231/k2311a104/10.4.11