CSI New York Season 8 Episode 1  » TV  »
1.0
  • Actually it was really painful and boring to watch
  • I think that they had a good idea, but it could have been done much better
  • And here is my problem with it- this was the only thing we got to see
  • Another thing that I found really unauthentic and distracting that while we were supposed to be watching the events that happened 10 years ago- the characters did not look like they did in the beginning of the show
  • First of all, they could have tied memories and the tribute to 9/11 with an interesting investigation

• by ashlee

Out of all the seasons and all the episodes of CSI New York, season 8 episode 1 was the least enjoyable. Actually it was really painful and boring to watch. I think that they had a good idea, but it could have been done much better.

This year it is a 10 year anniversary of the tragedy of 9/11. Since the show takes place in New York, I think that it was a good and logical idea to make an episode in tribute to the event. Many lives have been touched and changed by the events of that

day.

Following the plot, Mac’s life has been deeply touched by 9/11 since he has lost his wife. Her body was not found and no one knows what happened to her. Mac decides to leave CSI in order to pursue a research project that enables them to identify small amounts of DNA left on personal belongings found in the rubble of the fallen towers.

Throughout the entire episode we get to see the ideal and happy life Mac had with his wife. We get to see what the other characters of the show where doing that ...

• day. And here is my problem with it- this was the only thing we got to see. There was no story, no investigation, just a boring, slow and melancholic back story that lead nowhere. Another thing that I found really unauthentic and distracting that while we were supposed to be watching the events that happened 10 years ago- the characters did not look like they did in the beginning of the show.

I think that the writers had good intentions with this episode, but the execution was not good. First of all, they could have tied “memories” and

the tribute to 9/11 with an interesting investigation. And secondly they could have invested a bit more in make up to make the actors look at least a little bit younger, the way they used to look at the beginning of the show.

Overall, I did not enjoy the episode at all. It was not well done, and I would only watch it out of respect for the events of that day and not for entertainment. They should have put more effort into it. This episode of CSI New York is not getting a good rating from me.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in October, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 104101535080131/k2311a104/10.4.11