Loreal HIP Bright Eyeshadow Duo in Showy  » Cosmetics  »
  • I like that the teal, by itself, is an eye candy, which could work as the main focus of my eye makeup, accented by a touch of navy blue (either using it as eyeliner across or accent at the outer corners)
  • I think it’s an extremist idea for Loreal to come up with a two-faced eyeshadow case
  • Overall, it’s a great bargain for the price I paid at ebay (5 dollars
  • For the “showy” among us, I have this particular duo and the rest of Loreal’s hip bright eyeshadows to recommend

• by jhunie

I’m trying to pare down my makeup to lighter eyeshadows apt for daytime wear. I’m strongly inclined to blue shades. Nothing could be bluer than the Showy shade from Loreal’s HIP bright eyeshadow duo. Loreal looks at the ‘bright’ side to make colorful eye palettes of two.

The Loreal HIP bright eyeshadow duo joins two of the very essence of my eyeshadow craze right now: teal and navy blue. I’ve had a short hiatus after toying with work-appropriate pink shades, but nothing could beat my favorite teal eye makeup. And hence I’ve returned to the blues, once again, with this eyeshadow duo. It’s a challenge to incorporate blue-hued shades for a daytime look, as most of the palettes I own tilt to the smoky side, in darker hues. Showy is exactly the daytime teal eyeshadow I’ve been searching. It’s bright, indeed, and fresh for a day makeup. Showy consists of two shades, a matte navy blue coupled with a shimmery metallic teal. The blue shade is quite dense in pigmentation, presumably more intense

when applied wet. I’m dazzled by how equally pigmented the teal is.

Ultimately, the shimmer-finish teal outshines the navy blue when blended together. I like that the teal, by itself, is an eye candy, which could work as the main focus of my eye makeup, accented by a touch of navy blue (either using it as eyeliner across or accent at the outer corners). When the two shades are blended, cancelling the contrasts between both shades, they make a deeper, monochrome shade of teal. If I choose a subtle look, I never go beyond the crease, so the teal barely peeks out of my deep-set eyes. I’ve already accumulated a loot of other eye palettes in navy blues and teals, and the comparative significance of the Loreal duo compared to the rest is it gives me the look I want with the least amount of time. It has never been this quick for me to whip up teal eye makeup with two shades that deliver, bypassing my once fussy methods of using 4 shades (my Givenchy and ...

• Bobbi Brown).

This teal endures long hours of wear, under the requisite condition that it’s worn with a primer. I wore it for almost 10 hours, and creasing was very little to none. It creased right at the middle of my eye lid, but there were worse eyeshadows, in which my eye makeup was cleanly partitioned in half. I also take into account that the eyeshadows didn’t result to a fall-out fest. The given applicator applies the pigments well enough, but I would select a blending brush for precision and buffing the eyeshadows. The matte blue shade surprisingly feels more textured than the shimmered teal, or mine is just a bit dry. The teal shade is quite blendable and velvety. I apprehend that the slightly chalky texture of the matte blue would clash with the teal, but it turns out to exhibit a nice satiny finish that manages to work with the other.

I think it’s an extremist idea for Loreal to come up with a two-faced eyeshadow case: it’s like they sandwiched two macaroons in one.

A compartment underneath the shadow quad stores the sponge applicator – only one applicator to be specific – with a bottom lid that transforms into a mirror. And so it is quirkier than it looks. The eyeshadow duo is double-sided, in a way, which makes the orientation of the case rather ambiguous – flipping it from the topside (eyeshadow quad) and then to its underside (sponge and mirror). The flipping gets really frustrating once you transition from loading the applicator with eyeshadow to applying it, while opening and closing both lids. If you’re not savvy, then the sponge falls off! The packaging is a big flop for me. Overall, it’s a great bargain for the price I paid at ebay (5 dollars!). Loreal draws huge likes from me for making high-pigment shadows in fresh, bold colors (other duos contain pastels and vibrant solid colors prevalent only in the likes of MAC and high-end eyeshadows). For the “showy” among us, I have this particular duo and the rest of Loreal’s hip bright eyeshadows to recommend.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3129091534750930/k2311a0929/9.29.11