Clairol Shimmer lights Shampoo
  • Having a salon fix it would have cost me hundreds of dollars that I don't have so I braved the outside world and went to Sally's beauty supply and asked the girl behind the counter what she recommended
  • The color of the shampoo is dark purple which I thought was really awesome
  • I don't recommend leaving it on for longer than that though because many people have complained of having a purple tint left in their hair
  • I did the whole lather, rinse, repeat thing and then since there were a lot of brassy colors in my hair, I decided to leave the second lather on for the full 5 minutes
  • Instantly, even before it was completely dry, I noticed a difference

• by HeavenStone

I recently dyed my hair from a light brown shade to an ultra light blond shade and let’s just say that it didn’t quite turn out like I planned it to. I wanted to be an almost platinum blonde and what I was left with was a brassy, yellow-orange mess on the top of my head. I was horrified and didn’t want to leave the house!

Having a salon fix it would have cost me hundreds of dollars that I don’t have so I braved the outside world and

went to Sally’s beauty supply and asked the girl behind the counter what she recommended.

She informed me that before I used an abrasive bleaching kit to strip my hair, I should try a purple shampoo called Clairol Shimmer lights designed to do exactly what I was looking for, take the brassy, yellow-orange tint out of my hair and leave the light, bright blond color. The shampoo sells for $8.

50 for a 16 oz bottle. The color of the shampoo is dark purple which I thought was really

awesome.

Reading the directions it simply says to lather, rinse and repeat. Simple enough.

It also tells you for brighter results, you can leave the second lather on 3-5 minutes. I don’t recommend leaving it on for longer than that though because many people have complained of having a purple tint left in their hair.

If that happens though, you can wash it out within 24 hours and your hair will be back to normal. I brought it home and couldn’t wait to try it out and see if ...

• Clairol Shimmer lights Shampoo
      it actually did everything it promised to do.

The shampoo is really thick and kind of smells like generic bathroom soap but it’s nothing unpleasant or chemically. I did the whole “lather, rinse, repeat” thing and then since there were a lot of brassy colors in my hair, I decided to leave the second lather on for the full 5 minutes.

Because it takes so long, you may want to wash your hair first(if you don’t already) and while you’re letting it set, wash the rest of your body which is what

I did. So I rinsed the shampoo out of my hair and towel dried it.

Instantly, even before it was completely dry, I noticed a difference. It really worked! It wasn’t a complete fix, I would have to do it again, maybe more than once but the orange color was gone from my hair leaving only the yellow and a slight brassiness.

Excited, I decided to hop on here and tell you all that if you’re having problems with stubborn hair, make it behave as you want it to with Clairol Shimmer lights shampoo.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3129091534720930/k2311a0929/9.29.11