Kiehl’s Original Musk ( For Men and Women ) Perfume  » Perfume  »
0.5
  • I love this brand because I have been using some of its skin care products and it is really effective
  • I like the choices for the floral sources but I was not feeling a change of it in the smell
  • In my experience in the past, I always yearn for a stable floral texture to awaken the soul of the fragrance

• by ibizaspain

Kiehl’s Original Musk is a scent classified as Woody Floral Musk from the house of the cosmetic giant Kiehl’s. I love this brand because I have been using some of its skin care products and it is really effective. This brand has made me happy from their shampoo, moisturizers even for pet care. There are times when I just randomly picked at some products to add to the number of items that I will purchase. One time, I picked two fragrances. This is one of those. Seeing the name, ” Original Musk”, I was really anticipating what this would smell like. I have been happy with Woody Floral Musk fragrances from 212 Carolina Herrera to Dior Homme Intense, I love the mysterious and dark ability of this olfactive group. Although I did not jump into conclusion as to what

classification this belongs, I was suspecting the same while I was still at the store.

For the top notes it has orange blossoms and bergamot. The smell was traditional, quite powdery floral but refreshingly great. Orange blossoms here was overpowering the smell of bergamot. The introduction was quick. It then drifted to the middle notes; rose, lily, neroli and ylang ylang. I like the choices for the floral sources but I was not feeling a change of it in the smell. It was a little sweet but evaporates quickly. The base notes are patchouli, musk and tonka bean. The dry down became woody, very strong that it has hints of spiciness on it. I am sensing too much of patchouli and musk. It was really a clash between these two notes in the dry down. The smell was too ...

• quick when it changes from the top notes to the dry down. It was swift when it change. When you are wearing it, you cannot really identify the change in the smell at all. When you are too preoccupied especially on ordinary days, you feel like the scent is linear–too woody or musky at all. I studied this carefully and observed it for several minutes after I sprayed it. Even with that careful scrutiny, it virtually has no change at all.

The scent to me remains like nothing, it does not offer clean or refreshing impression to anyone wearing it.

The olfactive group woody floral musk is always ambiguous, a safe intersection for men and women scent. The composition though must be balance and it has all the right proportion on it. In my experience in the past,

I always yearn for a stable floral texture to awaken the soul of the fragrance. Without it, the scent is nothing but a similar aroma to plain woody or oriental hints. The floral smell here was quivering, as if it was not included in the smell. When I observed this carefully as the scent change, I can barely smell rose or even ylang ylang. The only obvious smell here is orange blossom which is not promising for me especially if you mix it with musk or something woody. My dismay is on the fact that the smell draws a single nuance– a very old-fashioned character. It is like walking inside an English home which is uninhabited for 20 years and what you can smell is the remnants of old decaying wood. This is what you will get when you wear this scent.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5628091534641230/k2311a0928/9.28.11