Ectaco jetBook mini E-Book Reader  » Electronics  »
0.5
  • I noticed a few things about this eReader
  • I do not recommend this device for several reasons
  • I found that this device is very inconvenient
  • I suggest getting a more expensive eReader that can actually save you money and time

• by MisterTickle

This eReader is a very cheap alternative if you do not want to buy the leading brands. I noticed a few things about this eReader. For one, the quality isn’t as nice. I get this cheap plastic feeling when holding it. To me, it doesn’t feel durable at all. This is the least of my worries. The other thing I noticed is that this eReader does not have any other features. You can only read books. They don’t have their very own eBook Library and they do not have a wireless connection option. This makes my work a lot harder because I must find an eBook on a computer and then copy it into this eReader. It is a bit of a pain, especially when it is

hard to get a hold of eBooks. Many eBook services either have their own format or they require you to use their eReader. This limits my choices a lot. The only thing I managed to actually read are PDF files. This eReader supports HTML, TXT files, and a few other formats. One of the formats not included is ePub, which is a common eBook format.

In terms of reading material, it gets the job done. It will load PDF files, TXT files, and some other files. I noticed that this eReader isn’t very “smart”. It has some alignment problems when loading TXT files. This is a bit annoying, but other than that, it is possible to read on this device.

I do not recommend this device for ...

• several reasons:

1. Inconvenience: I found that this device is very inconvenient. I don’t mean that it is hard to carry around or anything like that. I actually mean it is inconvenient to get materials to read. As mentioned before, they do not have their own eBook library nor internet access. You must use the microUSB port and transfer reading material.

2. No rechargeable batteries: This can be a bit wasteful. This device runs on AAA batteries. It doesn’t run on one AAA battery; it runs on four AAA batteries. I find that not only do I have to buy books, but I also have to buy a lot of batteries. When I am outside, I now have to carry batteries with me just in case. A recharger would

be much better as it is less wasteful and will save a considerable amount of money.

3. No Features: I don’t mean that this eReader doesn’t have any games or anything like that. This eReader is preloaded with games such as Tetris and Soduku. I mainly just read and I find that there aren’t any reading features. For example, it isn’t possible to load up a dictionary. The database doesn’t have a lot of words so I will need to carry a dictionary if I really want to look up a word. This just adds to inconvenience as I have to carry more than one item with them.

Overall, this is a piece of junk. I do not recommend it. I suggest getting a more expensive eReader that can actually save you money and time.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1626091534111030/k2311a0926/9.26.11