Sergeant’s Fur So Fresh All-Purpose Dog Shampoo  » Pets  »
  • I bought Sergeant's Fur So Fresh Dog Shampoo when the pet shop I regularly bought supplies from ran out of my usual herbal dog soap
  • I had read about the brand from online forums and it was recommended by the nice lady at the store, so after taking a whiff at the product, I decided to use it on my dogs
  • I think the 'Fur So Fresh' part on the product's name is very appropriate
  • If you like plenty of suds and bubbles when bathing your dog, Sergeant's may not be the best choice for you

• by jade v

I bought Sergeant’s Fur So Fresh Dog Shampoo when the pet shop I regularly bought supplies from ran out of my usual herbal dog soap. I had read about the brand from online forums and it was recommended by the nice lady at the store, so after taking a whiff at the product, I decided to use it on my dogs.

The good: I think the ‘Fur So Fresh’ part on the product’s name is very appropriate. After using the shampoo, the dogs - every one of them - smelled so, so fresh. I had used other dog shampoos before and at one time even tried a baby

shampoo on a dog that had skin problems (as recommended by the vet) and while these shampoos made the dogs smell nice, none of them quite performed like Sergeant’s Fur So Fresh Shampoo as of yet.

Other shampoos I have tried freshened up the dogs’ coats for a day, two days max. After that, they went back to smelling like themselves - not bad smells but just dog smells. With Sergeant’s they smelled good and fresh for days. I had chosen the All-Purpose variety that had the Ocean Breeze scent and I have not regretted it. It was one of the most pleasant smells I’ve experienced in dog products in a while and it wasn’t overwhelming either.

As for cleaning ability, Sergeant’s works wonderfully. It can remove oils, dirt and grime. Although one shampooing was usually enough, I always do two shampoos per bath time so the dogs retain the scent longer. Once dry, the coat appears shiny and feels smooth and soft. The shine is especially obvious on dark-colored dogs, while the smoothness can be felt on both short- and long-haired dogs.

The bad: If you like plenty of suds and bubbles when bathing your dog, Sergeant’s may not be the best choice for you. Used with warm water, it will not produce a ...

• Sergeant's Fur So Fresh All-Purpose Dog Shampoo
      lot of lather even when used undiluted. I do dilute it so it spreads more easily. If you like more suds, you really need to use more, which is unnecessary anyway since the shampoo cleans well.

Also, this is an all-purpose shampoo formulated for general cleaning and upkeep. While it will give your dogs’ coats a nice shine, it will not control mange, ticks and fleas and is not recommended for use on dogs with wounds or irritated skin. If you already have a good anti-parasite regimen, this shampoo is an excellent supplement.

Would I recommend it?

Absolutely! Sergeant’s Fur So Fresh shampoo delivers what it promises. It makes

dogs cuddly soft and smelling so good you won’t be able to resist smelling them and burying your nose in their fur. I bought one in a large bottle (645 mL), which was good for several months’ worth of regular use. It is usually sold at PhP230-PhP280 (US$5.75-US$7) and also comes in 237 mL bottles. There are several varieties of the shampoo as well - I bought the all-purpose variety in Ocean Breeze but the product is also available in Vanilla Berry (Hi-White) and Tea Tree Oil (Medicated). There’s also Baby Fresh (for puppies) and Milk & Honey (Oatmeal), so there’s plenty to choose from depending on your dog’s needs.

raquel says :

I boufjtthis shampoo and only used it once. Worse mistake of my life. The next day after uaing it my dogs were ichy but it was worse for me I broke off with hives on mu things, stomach, and arm. Its been almost a month and still suffering from discomfort. I don’t know what to take anymore or creams to use. They shouldn’t sell this shampoo. It doesn’t list the ingredients so can’t even figure out what got me mess up.

joanna says :

Hi,

I would recommend trying a mixture of hydrocortisone a d cocoa butter. Also, if you aren’t taking an anti histamine, I would definitely suggest doing so. The antihistamine will help with your hives while the cocoa butter and hydrocortisone will help to renew and repair hour damaged skin.

Anonymous says :

Is this shampoo biodegradable? Safe to bath my dog in the river?

quick note by anonymous :

I tried this shampoo on my dog and it was one of the worst decisions I’ve ever done for my pet. Two hours after bathing, my pet developed hives and started to have his eyelids and organ swell. He also had several instances of vomitting. This happened twice, and the first time, we thought it was because of his doggie cologne. We have weaned out the cologne and stayed with the sergeant’s shampoo, and now our our dog is still exhibiting the same symptoms. The first time it happened, we had to rush him to the vet because the swelling was so bad, he had a difficult time breathing. The 2nd time he has only developed welt-like hives so he’s still being observed. No one should use this shampoo

Vanessa says :

With such a severe reaction, you should definitely stop using anything that you suspect could be the problem. That sounds very dangerous. If your dog is prone to allergies, a very SMALL dose of diphenhydramine (Benadryl) can do the trick, but check with your vet for dosage information first. Definitely if the animal is having a severe reaction with swelling and difficulty breathing, a trip to the vet is necessary, just as you would do for a human with anaphylaxis. Take care

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2926091534091030/k2311a0926/9.26.11