Sony Vegas Pro 9.0 software  » Software  »
  • Both of them are amazing in their own ways
  • I prefer Premiere Pro because it is easier to edit but Sony Vegas is way cooler in other aspects such as effects and transitions
  • I love the effects where you get to have only 1 color be visible
  • I like how you can preview the effects and transitions
  • The only thing I dislike is editing seems really tiring and difficult sometimes

• by Tan Vu

There are 2 programs that I use to make videos. One of them is Adobe Premiere Pro which I already reviewed and the other one is this, Sony Vegas Pro. Both of them are amazing in their own ways. I prefer Premiere Pro because it is easier to edit but Sony Vegas is way cooler in other aspects such as effects and transitions.

First of all, when you start using this, it make look like it’s too much. Don’t worry though, just look up

tutorials and just mess around with it. You’re gonna get used to it and then it would be so much better.

Secondly, it’s so easy to browse videos. You drag it in. That’s simple.

It even supports FLV. files which Adobe Premiere Pro does not accept which I hate. Another thing that is so important to me is the effects and transitions.

There’s not a lot of effects and transitions in Premiere Pro but in Sony Vegas Pro, there are so many! There are ...

• so many plus there are so many COOL ones too! I love the effects where you get to have only 1 color be visible. That is so cool and could make a video be brilliant. I love the lens flare, starburst, and just so many more.

The transitions are also cool. I like how you can preview the effects and transitions. In Premiere Pro, you can’t which I hate.

You just have to guess. I think while making this, they think whoever uses this

must know everything but in fact we don’t. That’s why I like Sony Vegas Pro better.

The only thing I dislike is editing seems really tiring and difficult sometimes. Maybe I’m used to Premiere Pro but I can’t seem to find tools to split videos, or slow down, or mute. It’s just hard.

I have to search it up and they would only tell me the keyboard way and I dont’ remember most of the time. But overall, this is a brilliant program and I really like it.

Tyler says :

I love Sony Vegas. All of them Obviously my favorite one is 9. It has a very simple interface and is very powerful. I also have adobe after effects, which is said to be much better than Vegas, but I disagree. From personal experience and a lot of use of both products I still find Sony Vegas better. It is just so SIMPLE I love it. I watched a few tutorials on YouTube and was making amazing videos There are tons of default effects that come with the program and there are also thousands that can be added to it. My favorite thing about Vegas is the Chroma Keying green screen . It`s so much fun and can be done so quickly Unlike After Effects, every time you make a change you don`t have to wait for the video to re-render, it`s all in real-time a huge bonus when you are editing little things in a small video because if make a little change and have to wait one minute every time to wait for it to render it gets very annoying . Sony support is also great and they will be a big help for you if you have any problems. This program is fantastic and I highly recommend it. note that there is a new version of Vegas. It`s the 11th version and I`m sure that one will be just as good if not better than 9

mcguard says :

I currently am using version 9 as well, along with Pinnacle HD, but have you tried version 12, which is the latest one at the moment? Is it worth considering?

Joseph Park says :

I would just stick with Sony Vegas Pro 9. Lot’s of other people use it. It’s not worth buying other versions just yet.

mike says :

It is worth considering making the switch. The upgrade is a lot more functional. My version of 9 used to crash on a regular basis especially when i would do titles. 12 doesn’t give me any glitches or problems so i would personally recommend you upgrade if your budget allows.

Galega says :

If you are a professional, then it is always recommended to get the updated version of Sony Vegas Pro. And, now, there are many other reasons, not just an updated software. It is now driven by AI with intelligent image and video processing capabilities. The audio editing and media management has been made comprehensive.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3021091533380330/k2311a0921/9.21.11