Schlitterbahn Waterpark Resort  » Leisure  »
2.5
381 East Austin Street New Braunfels, TX 78130
  • I was not impressed with this section because there was not a lot to do, and this is the first section people go to and there is not directions on how to get to the other sections
  • It cost forty dollars to get in and that is for all three sections

• by pengirl

I was visiting my brother in San Antonio, TX. when he suggested to go to Schlitterbahn Water park. At first I was hesitant because to me water parks are full of babies in diapers and snotty nosed kids in the pool. I was very pleasantly surprised when I arrived at the water park because it contains much more then large overcrowded pools and kids running around.

Schlitterbahn Water Park is made up of three large sections making it a very large water park. You have to ride a trolley to go from each section of the water park which took my brother and I a minute to figure out. The park is very European styled with the cute wooden buildings and a German theme. The water park is made up of wooden buildings and is very shaded. There are a lot

of trees and a creek running along the water park making the park feel like you are outside and not in a park. When you arrive at the park, you can get a locker for your stuff that you bring, so you do not have to leave it somewhere or haul it around. Your money for the locker is almost completely refundable. The three sections of the water park are all very different. There is one section that has a huge pool, and that is where most of the kids hang out at. There is also a few water slides in this section. I was not impressed with this section because there was not a lot to do, and this is the first section people go to and there is not directions on how to get to the other sections. Then the two ...

• of us visited section number two which contained the lazy river and a couple of really tall water slides. The third section was mainly a fast paced river that you can tube on. My brother and I were too hot and tired to visit that section.

The water slides in section number one were not impressive to me. There was not enough water on the first slide, and I kept getting stuck. The second slide there was very short, and I ended up going down it backwards by accident. The second section was funner then the first section ; although, the lines were each a couple of hours longer. My brother and I waited two and a half hours in a really long line up stairs for one ride. The water slide was worth the wait because it was a long ride

on a raft and went fast. Then there is also a lazy river which was very fast paced but very crowded. The third section we never made it to because we were tired and hot by this point.

The prices of the water park are not too bad. It cost forty dollars to get in and that is for all three sections.

The park to me overall was not worth wasting my time and money on, but I am not a fan of water parks to begin with. We had to wait in long lines for disappointing rides, and there is not great organization on where to go, where the lines and rides are. There was also so many people crowding the park that we were on top of eachother and nobody knew where they were trying to go.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 6121091533200330/k2311a0921/9.21.11