Naturals Black Cherry & Nutmeg Shower Gel by Avon  » Cosmetics  »
  • The shower gel comes in one size only to my knowledge which is in the convenient and economical size of 200ml
  • On opening the flip top lid which is placed directly on top of the bottle, I found that by tipping the bottle upside down and squeezing gently was the easiest way to access the gel
  • It washed my skin suitably and left a lingering black cherry scent that was very delicious I must admit
  • I would say that for the low price I paid then this was a real bargain and it certainly did the job of cleansing my skin
  • This is actually a lovely shower gel and despite the lack of nutmeg fragrance it is something that I will definitely be buying again in the near future and is recommended by me if you are looking for something 'cheap and cheerful'

• by Ticktock

I am a big fan of Avon products and up until recently have tried most of their products..or so I thought. When my local representative dropped my last order off at my home she left me the new brochure which is where I spotted this shower gel from their Naturals collection entitled Black Cherry & Nutmeg. I placed an order ASAP with my Rep and was very pleased to receive this shower gel in my newest delivery, but did it live up to my high hopes of it?

The shower gel is part of the Naturals collection as mentioned and all of the gels come housed in identical shaped bottles. These bottles are tall and cylindrical and have a transparent appearance so that the contents can be clearly viewed.

The appearance of the gel whilst still in the bottle has a pearly sheen aura about it and is a warm pink in

colour, it certainly looked inviting and I couldn’t wait to actually test it out against my skin.

The shower gel comes in one size only to my knowledge which is in the convenient and economical size of 200ml. Though it is regularly on offer as is the majority of Avon’s products, it can be purchased from as little as just £0.99 which for the quantity on offer is fantastic value.

So what are my thoughts on this product then? Well after my latest Avon order arrived it was this particular item I was most looking forward to trying as I am a fan of anything black cherry scented/ flavoured so the added fact that this also contained nutmeg made it sound all the more appealing indeed.

On opening the flip top lid which is placed directly on top of the bottle, I found that by tipping the bottle upside down and squeezing gently was the easiest way to ...

• access the gel. I poured a small amount into the palm of my hands at first and found that the fragrance was such a beautiful, albeit strong, cherry scent. I couldn’t really detect much of the nutmeg disappointingly though proceeded to use in the usual manner.

I rubbed the shower gel all over my dampened skin whilst stood in the shower and found that the texture was slightly oily and greasy which I hadn’t expected, whilst the consistency was also thinner than I had anticipated.

I found that once the gel made contact with my skin though that it did start to lather up quite nicely to create an adequate amount of softly scented bubbles that seemed to cover my entire body from top to toe.

I must admit I expected this to be thicker in consistency than it was but it still lathered up perfectly and with little effort. It washed my skin suitably and

left a lingering black cherry scent that was very delicious I must admit! There was a slight hint of the nutmeg when the lathering occurred though it was mainly the black cherry that was the dominant scent here.

Would I recommend this to buyers then? I would say that for the low price I paid then this was a real bargain and it certainly did the job of cleansing my skin. I have very sensitive skin and in the past have had problems with some Avon products though I’m pleased to say that this didn’t cause any adverse reactions such as soreness or rashes and left my skin in fact feeling silky soft to the touch.

This is actually a lovely shower gel and despite the lack of nutmeg fragrance it is something that I will definitely be buying again in the near future and is recommended by me if you are looking for something ‘cheap and cheerful’.

8 out of 10

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3120091533000230/k2311a0920/9.20.11