Ancient Secret of the Fountain of Youth: Book 2 by Peter Kelder  » Books  »
  • That being true or false is not really important in my opinion
  • The book is in my opinion very interesting, I do not remember if I ever read an exercise book that had a story line
  • I really enjoyed reading thorough it and learning about the rites
  • For example the first rite is all about spinning - it is said that a healthy adult can only spin 6 times at maximum at first - I thought that 6 seemed little and that I could easily do more, after the 6th spin I almost collapsed of dizziness
  • I do these exercises without feeling grumpy and this is why I think this book with its content is ace

• by Mintaka

This book contains 5 exercises or as they are called Tibetan rites that are supposed to make you look younger. There is also a 6th exercise which is not necessary and not all can practice it. This exercises allegedly were a well kept secret between a closed group of lamas in a temple (good job at keeping that secret). That being true or false is not really important in my opinion.

The book is in my opinion very interesting, I do not remember if I ever read an exercise book that had a story line. Author, who seems to be the narrator introduces us with a person named Colonel Bradfort who went on a quest to Tibet to find the fountain of youth and he did - the fountain of youth being these exercises. He describes them as Tibetan rites and slowly you are, through story and example introduced to each of these rights and how to perform them. The writing is really motivational and interesting. When it comes to exercise books I often dismiss them because I find them to be a bit bland but this one got me hooked. I really enjoyed reading thorough it and learning about the rites.

The rites are all about restoring the energy balance in our body.

The 5 exercises are not too hard but repeating them (you are supposed to slowly get too 21 repetitions of each exercise) will take some time to get a hang on. For example the first rite is all about spinning - it is said that a healthy adult can only spin 6 times at maximum at first - I thought that 6 seemed little and that I could easily do more, after the 6th spin I almost collapsed of dizziness. Now I can spin as much as my heart desires. You start out slowly with doing 1 to 3 repetitions a day and you add repetitions as you see fit.

Taking aside the story behind these rights and the claim that they are sacred, I can say they do make you feel younger and look younger - I do not believe in “the magic” behind them but the exercises themselves are brilliant - they are easy to perform and you can do the whole set in less than 20 minutes. The exercises are made in a way that every muscle in your body gets stretched - I noticed the most ...

• emphasis being on muscles you do not train in your every day life or when you do your regular workout. The spinning exercise really improves your balance, if you just think about it the last time when you were spinning like crazy was when you were a kid, later on you probably did not. So it is no wonder these make you feel younger. Other exercises also slowly (but certainly) make you more flexible. The fact that you actually are exercising also makes you feel younger.

The 6th rite is the one that is supposed to make you look younger - it is a regeneration rite and can only be, as stated in book, performed by those who do not practice “intimate relations” or are willing to stop with them for the sake of youthful look. It is said that this one uses the energy from our most powerful energetic spot (which is to drained if you are “intimate”) to regenerate the body. There is just enough superstition in me that, although I do not believe that this rites have a spiritual background, I do not want to test this rite and I do not practice it. However it may be this

rite is a breading exercise so no harm if you skip it.

I have seen that these exercises can be found on the internet, and they are the same as in the book but I still advise everyone who considers doing these to buy the book, I would never (or have I been ever) be so motivated to do these exercises if I would not read this book, the way of writing is amazingly motivational and gives you the will to do the exercises. There are also more detailed instructions on how to perform them and what the breading (and thought) pattern should be while performing them. The book is also full of small wisdoms that will certainly make your day better.

I should not forget, there is also a chapter in this book that writes about how and what we should eat. I found that chapter to be really great, especially because there was not so many do nots.

I could say that this book is not invasive, all that it is written in it is natural and easily integrated in your daily life. I do these exercises without feeling grumpy and this is why I think this book with its content is ace!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1720091532590230/k2311a0920/9.20.11