Kirk’s Original Coco Castile Shampoo  » Cosmetics  »
  • Which is not to say that eveything in my house is organic or chemical-free but I get migraines quite often and I thought that if I got a more natural shampoo, the scent might not be so strong and off-putting for me
  • I have oily hair, anyway, so I really love the feeling of having my hair so clean

• by OShellery

I first tried this shampoo when I was looking for a shampoo that didn’t have any of the nasty chemicals in it. Which is not to say that eveything in my house is “organic” or “chemical-free” but I get migraines quite often and I thought that if I got a more natural shampoo, the scent might not be so strong and off-putting for me.

I had to order it online so I didn’t get to give it the sniff-test at the store. Once it arrived, though, I smelled it

from the bottle, and I was pleased. It has a light fragrance, one that smells more like soap from the old days than anything. It didn’t have any strong overtones at all.

The claim on the back of the bottle says, “The luxurious lather rinses clean leaving no residue or build up on your hair.” This is, indeed, a true statement. The shampoo is clear in color and lathers up really well. And when you rinse it out of your hair, it’s as if your hair is squeaky clean.

• You feel no build-up on it, no oils - which is probably not a good thing.

Stripping your hair of oils probably dries your hair out so for most of you, perhaps you would want to use this as your shampoo to use when you want to remove all that build-up from your hair. But now that I’ve used this, it’s difficult to go back to a regular shampoo. I have oily hair, anyway, so I really love the feeling of having my hair so clean. I just make

sure to follow up with a nice conditioner in the shower or even a leave-in conditioner.

The ingredients in this shampoo consist of a lot of natural cleansers, all derived from coconut oils, water, potassium sorbate, hexylene glycol, polysorbate 20, sodium chloride, coconut oil, some aloe, chamomile, soapwort, citric acid, and natural fragrance.

Overall, I would say this is an excellent shampoo. As I said, it gets your hair squeaky clean, so for those who don’t want that everyday, this would be great to use as your build-up remover shampoo.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3116091532301130/k2311a0916/9.16.11