Altech Netstar GPS Trackin Service
  • At a monthly price of R699 ($100), I simply had to get a tracking service for my Ford Focus because it had lately been a target for theft in South Africa and I was happy to have had free installation of the tracking device as part of a lucky customer who was part of a promotion
  • The true value of their service became apparent to me when I was in a night club one evening and I noticed I had two missed-calls when I went to the restrooms
  • When the installers were installing the device I asked them not to tell me where exactly they had put it so as to avoid risking letting it slip one day and they agreed that it was a wise move
  • Altech NetStar really has given me one less headache and allows me to go on with my life and I think their prices are very reasonable as the R699 I'm paying a month probably otherwise saved me thousands of Rands I would have lost if my car had never been recovered

• by dubej66

At a monthly price of R699 ($100), I simply had to get a tracking service for my Ford Focus because it had lately been a target for theft in South Africa and I was happy to have had free installation of the tracking device as part of a lucky customer who was part of a promotion.

I would have never subscribed to any tracking service but realized just how useful Netstar’s service is. Not only do I have the piece of mind of knowing my car is safe and would most likely be recovered if stolen, but I also discovered an added benefit of using Netstar’s tracking service.

I use my own vehicle for business as well and Netstar offers an online logging service which allows me to download verifiable data about the distance I cover in my car monthly. This helps me for

when I’m filing my tax returns and such.

The true value of their service became apparent to me when I was in a night club one evening and I noticed I had two missed-calls when I went to the restrooms. I hadn’t heard my phone ringing because of the loud music and it rang again for the third time. When I answered a gentleman told asked me to verify my details and identify myself, after which he requested I come and pick up my car as it had been stolen and recovered without me even knowing it. Apparently, it was recovered about a kilometer away from a chop-shop and three suspects had been arrested in connection with the theft.

On another occasion I got an SMS message from NetStar, followed by a phone call asking me if all was okay as I had apparently ...

• driven into a car theft hot-spot. Such service really makes me feel as if I didn’t waste a single cent of my cash when I had previously had an attitude to any tracking service before.

When the installers were installing the device I asked them not to tell me where exactly they had put it so as to avoid risking letting it slip one day and they agreed that it was a wise move.

The service goes beyond the supply and demand algorithm which is great because some of the collaborations I get from Netstar via email and SMS is quite educational, especially when it comes to the psychology of hi-jackers and how to act in certain situations of potential danger. I also learned a lot about the hi-jacking hot spots of the country (some places I never even suspected) and also how the

mind of a hi-jacker works in order to avoid any confrontations.

Sometimes when I stop at the side of road for what they perceive to be too long a time, I get a notification SMS first and then a call asking me if all is okay. Again, this simply illustrates to me how serious they are about their service.

I am really happy with the service and have since added it to my fleet of delivery vehicles, for which I got another special discounted price because I was going for a bulk order this time.

Altech NetStar really has given me one less headache and allows me to go on with my life and I think their prices are very reasonable as the R699 I’m paying a month probably otherwise saved me thousands of Rands I would have lost if my car had never been recovered.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2515091531880830/k2311a0915/9.15.11