Singapore Telecommunications
  • Secondly, in my opinion, the quality and extensiveness of the service stands out, covering all parts of Singapore, including the islets, while usually bearing a strong signal wherever you are on Singapore
  • The problem which bothers me the most would certainly be the occasional loss of the 3G network, and I usually have to restart or go for a few hours before the connection is restored

• by Matthew Lou

Singapore Telecommunications, or SingTel for short, is a local telecommunications provider and has one of the greatest numbers of subscribers in Singapore. It has a great variety of plans, for students and for adults alike, which I feel is good and helps both parties; subscribers and the telco itself. My experiences with it have also been pretty fair.

One of the points which I felt stood out the most when I subscribed to this service was the increasing discount rate for every family member who

also subscribes, up to a certain limit. This, I feel, is extremely innovative, and does help to attract customers, although some might think it is just a “cheap” way to gain more revenue. This aside, I feel the prices are rather reasonable, neither too high nor too low, and sometimes dependent on the downpayment one makes on his phone.

Secondly, in my opinion, the quality and extensiveness of the service stands out, covering all parts of Singapore, including the islets, while usually bearing a strong ...

• signal wherever you are on Singapore. The 3G network’s speed is also rather impressive, being able to connect and load websites within a few seconds, something I feel other telcos are capable of. The quality of the connection also persists despite how bad the weather is in my experiences, never once losing its signal even in a bad thunderstorm.

Despite all of these points for this mobile provider, I have had several bad experiences with it. The problem which bothers me the most would certainly be

the occasional loss of the 3G network, and I usually have to restart or go for a few hours before the connection is restored. This can be eztremely irritating, especially on a rush. However, other than this problem, I have faced no other major issues with this telco, which leads me to my conclusion:

This telcommunication provider, Singtel, provides excellent services to its customers at a reasonable price, albeit with an occasional quirk or two, which is the reason why I give it a rating of 9.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2215091531830830/k2311a0915/9.15.11