Cirque Du Soleil Kooza  » Entertainment  »
  • I love a regular circus as well but in the last few years the normal lions and tigers version of the circus has gone down hill thanks to PETA
  • I consider it just a part of having a tent show
  • The kooza clowns were elegant, old school French clowns and I found them hilarious
  • Cirque always has these amazing people who can twist and bend in really weird ways, the tight rope act was scary and awesome
  • I recommend you go and see this show when it comes to your town

• by mamajess

I am a big fan of Cirque du Soleil. I love a regular circus as well but in the last few years the normal lions and tigers version of the circus has gone down hill thanks to PETA. I do enjoy the acrobatics but it has nothing compared to the sheer spectacle that is cirque du soleil so I now only go to the Cirque du Soleil when they come to town and not the Barnum and Bailey unless I get free tickets.

This performance was one of the traveling ones where they set up an old fashioned big top in an empty lot. I love watching it go up as I drive by and for me the big top really does bring back a lot of the magic of the circus for me. All

of the typical lion and tiger circus shows we get now only go in the stadiums, they never put up a tent outdoors and I really miss that.

Having the show in a tent presents some issues. It does get hot and stuffy or cold and damp depending on the weather. Our weather changes dramatically from day to day so in a weeks time you could get rain and heat. I consider it just a part of having a tent show. The cirque does sometimes go to the major stadium in our area and you don’t get the same problems, the temperature is always constant and they have decent bathrooms, but I love the tent shows so much. You are not going to have decent bathrooms with a tent show. The staff has ...

• trailers pulled up around the edge of the lot that they sleep in but this show was in a vacant lot so no running water which meant port o potties. I did not mind as I knew in advance they would not be able to build bathrooms for a show that would only be running a couple of weeks.

The show itself was awesome. The clowns were good old fashioned clowns I remember from my youth. I really do not like the clowns at the regular circus, all they go for is cheap laughs. The kooza clowns were elegant, old school French clowns and I found them hilarious. The acrobatics were incredible. Cirque always has these amazing people who can twist and bend in really weird ways, the tight rope act was scary

and awesome. As usual they did a good job of faking audience interaction. They always plant staff members in the audience and pretend like they are guests who they pull out, it is one of my favorite things about the show.

I felt like I got what I paid for with this show. I have never been dissapointed in a Cirque show. Every act was fresh and unexpected. The staff was very attentive, they had drinks for sale during intermission (even alcohol which is awesome for evening shows) the bathrooms were meh, but that cannot be helped, parking is also difficult but that is part of setting up in a parking lot.

I recommend you go and see this show when it comes to your town. It will not fail to make you happy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5914091531740430/k2311a0914/9.14.11