Adventure Cat Sailing Charter  » Cruises/Ferries  »
Fisherman’s Wharf, San Francisco, California
  • It really felt more like a personal experience for all of us

• by mamajess

For my best friend’s 35th Birthday last year we decided to do a girl’s night out and go on this boat alone, the two of us and another friend and leave our husband’s and kids at home. I don’t normally live in the Bay Area but I used to, and we visit quite a bit. I have been on other bay cruises including night time ones and I was a bit worried this might be too romantic for three married women out without their husbands and that we might feel weird if it was all couples, but the person my friend bought the tickets through said it would be all kinds of people and we should not worry

about it. I am glad we listened. We took off from San Francisco while it was still light out. All of us are locals so we brought warm coats for the ride even though it was warm when we left. I have to say if I do this trip again I will bring a rain coat or maybe a poncho to go over the coat. We were plenty warm with our coats but we got really wet.

The part about this boat that sets it apart from the others is that it is shaped totally differently from a normal ferry and it has a neat spider web part where you can stretch out and ...

• feel totally unsupported over the bay. This was so amazing to all of us. We had never seen anything like it and it was very safe.

The inside part was not a big totally indoor space like on some of the boats and a lot of the tourists looked pretty cold. We really liked it more for this reason. It felt like we were out on a tiny little sailboat but we were really on a very safe boat. Unlike the hornblower boats or the other fleet boats that do the bay this was smaller and only had room for about 30 people. It really felt more like a personal experience for all

of us. Yes we did see some couples clearly having a lovely romantic time, but it was also a really fun adventure as the boat was smaller and it let us get closer to some thing such as the sea lions that when I have been on the bigger boats we could not get near.

I do recommend this boat to everyone. If you don’t like to get cold or wet this is not for you, or if you get sea sick or scared easy stay away as well, but for the trip we had, a little over an hour we had a great time for the money. We may do it again for her 45th!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 414091531680430/k2311a0914/9.14.11