Blue and Gold Fleet “Happy Hour Cruise”  » Cruises/Ferries  »
Pier 39, San Francisco, California
  • This was a pretty good deal in my opinion
  • I found the drinks priced at about what I would expect, $4 or $5 for beer, not too bad
  • Tours of the bay are expensive, I got what I paid for and I will bring future guests on this trip as well

• by mamajess

Growing up near San Francisco has afforded me with the opportunity to take advantage of all of the ferries and cruises in the area at one time or another. A year ago my husband and I were visiting my family in the Bay Area and it had been a few years since we had done one of the bay cruises and not just a ferry so we decided to go on this one. He had never been on one of the evening ones so this looked perfect. We went with the Happy Hour trip with some friends. We all decided to leave our kids with our parents and go out for a night on the town and this was the perfect beginning.

For about $15 per person we each got a ticket a drink and some light appetizers. This was a pretty good deal in my opinion. I have been on dinner cruises where you get about $10 worth of dinner and pay $60 a person. I would honestly rather have a light meal like this than pay more for something mediocre.

This is not the fancy dinner cruise, it is intended as a fun happy hour trip. I’ve done the fancy ones too and while those can be nice, it is also nice to have something regular people can afford. $15 for this trip was a decent price. You pay more than that to go to Alcatraz and you ...

• don’t get any snacks or booze. I found the drinks priced at about what I would expect, $4 or $5 for beer, not too bad. Not a full bar selection, but we were all happy with what we found listed.

The views were spectacular, the boat was clean and the inside was warm. This trip I was not on one of the newer boats but while the seats were dated and the boat did sport some rust, I saw nothing unsanitary or unsafe. None of the seats were repaired with ducktape or anything like that, they just had old greyhound type looks to them.

The staff was friendly and pointed out sights to us. My husband asked one employee a

question a historical question and the guy answered with what sounded to be a well informed answer. I liked the staff quite well, they were all very nice and did a nice job of helping people safely on and off the boat.

Our whole party was able to find seats near each other even though the boat was quite full. We were only outside briefly as it gets very wet and cold at night but there were seats outside we could have chosen as well.

On the whole I give it a 8. You get what you are paying for. Tours of the bay are expensive, I got what I paid for and I will bring future guests on this trip as well.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 414091531670430/k2311a0914/9.14.11