Seattle to Bremerton Ferry  » Cruises/Ferries  »
  • I recently learned that there will be people only ferries going across the sound, I'm not sure what I think about it, but I am glad I had the chance to go with my car as you can not do that on some of the ferries where I grew up and it was neat for the kids to drive onto a boat
  • I found the ferry to run on schedule, be very clean and to have nice and clean rest rooms
  • The decks were all clean and not wet, which can be a real problem, sometimes water did splash over, but on the occasions I was riding unless it was raining, the decks were safe and dry
  • The cost of riding the ferry is not too much more than a bus ride
  • I do recommend the Puget Sound ferry to everyone

• by mamajess

One of my brother in laws lives in the Puget Sound area of Seattle on one of the smaller islands. Now you can get to and from Seattle by going around and using the bridges, and I have done that as well, but nothing is more fun than riding a ferry. I have been on the ferries on the sound many times and have always found them delightful. In fact our whole family loves riding them.

The ferries at the moment do take cars which is helpful if you are one of the people who do not take public transportation once at our destination. I imagine there are more people who start at Seattle and take the ferry with their car to one of the islands versus people going with their cars

the other direction. Usually when we ride we do not take a car and instead leave it at the terminal but we are usually going only on a day trip. I have taken a car before and it is not too difficult. The signs and the men helping load were very easy to understand. I had thought it would be confusing but it was very easy. I recently learned that there will be people only ferries going across the sound, I’m not sure what I think about it, but I am glad I had the chance to go with my car as you can not do that on some of the ferries where I grew up and it was neat for the kids to drive onto a boat.

I found the ...

• ferry to run on schedule, be very clean and to have nice and clean rest rooms. I am always traveling with my kids which means we hit just about every bathroom in sight. These were well stocked and really nice for a public bathroom.

The decks were all clean and not wet, which can be a real problem, sometimes water did splash over, but on the occasions I was riding unless it was raining, the decks were safe and dry. I was a bit worried the first time about our kids slipping outside but they do a nice job of keeping the decks in good repair with the no slip surface which made me very happy.

The cost of riding the ferry is not too much more than a bus ride.

Kids under 6 are free, they give special rates for seniors, I believe we paid about $7 per adult and $5 per kid over 6 and $14 for our car. To be honest this was such a fun outing and the kids love going on the ferry that I would have paid more. I have also used our Chinook tickets for cheaper fares. You can buy a discount book with tickets at reduced rates called the Chinook book and if you use that (only allowed during non peak hours) it is even cheaper.

I do recommend the Puget Sound ferry to everyone. It is clean, well maintained, they have a nice seating area with decent views inside as well as outside. It is very safe and appropriate for the whole family.

wolverineclint says :

I can attest to riding ferries in Bremerton as being fun and yes clean. I was in the military and did my 2 weeks at Bremerton, flew in to seattle and took ferry. I did have a rental car, so I took the car on board, pretty cool. The view was outstanding with Mt Ranier in the background. I enjoyed it very much. Also I took it without a car.

So if you are ever in the Bremerton area, check out the Ferry and enjoy the trip. I’m sure you will.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 414091531650430/k2311a0914/9.14.11