Mafia 2 Game
  • The game was good, but not amazing like some people have said
  • I found the gameplay to be good but a little repetitive
  • I recommend this game to people who like Story-Based Games

• by PLePereReviews

After 7 Years since Mafia I and 3 Years in the making, 2K Czech Productions released the Second Game in the series called Mafia II. The game was good, but not amazing like some people have said. Here I will review some aspects of the game and voice my opinion on it.

Story: In this game you play a young man named Vito Scaletta who lives a life of crime after returning from the war. Vito joins the Mafia where he does tasks/missions for particular people in it. It seems rather basic and cliched at first, but it turns out to be a well-developed story with great characters. (I wont spoil the rest of it though). I rate the Story a 9 out of 10.

Gameplay: I found

the gameplay to be good but a little repetitive. It concentrates on the story, there is really nothing else you can do, there are no side missions, you can collect items such as Playboy Magazines and mess around with the cops and civilians but that’s pretty much it. The driving, gunfights, and fistfights are well made and exciting but it does get repetitive because most of the missions are drive from Point A to Point B, get into a fistfight or gunfight, then drive back. The biggest letdown is that when you complete the storyline, that’s it, you cannot free roam. So that makes things like collecting clothes, guns, money, cars, and other things pretty much useless. I rate the Gameplay a 6.5 out of 10.

Level ...

• Design And Environment: It had alot of potential, the design of Empire Bay is incredible and looks beautiful. But it is lifeless beyond belief, very little happens there. There is not much interaction and like I said before, there is no side missions. The city does have stores which is a cool part of the game, but each store sells the same exact items. I rate the Level Design/Environment a 5 out of 10.

Graphics: Not much to say abou it but the Graphics in this game are very good, everything looks great and looks human. I rate the Graphics a 10/10.

Voice Acting And Music: The voice acting in this game is awesome, it is completley on spot and it seems like every voice actor knew their

character and expressed it through voice well. The music in this game is also good, it has some great action-style music when there action scenes like fights, chases, etc. And it also gives music from the time the game takes place, it makes you feel like you are living in the 1940’s-1950’s. I rate the Voice Acting a 10 out of 10 and the Music a 9 out of 10.

I liked Mafia II but not loved it, As much as it had a great story, great graphics, and great voice acting, and great music it just came off as repetitive and has no replay value. I recommend this game to people who like Story-Based Games. My overall rating for this game is a 7 out of 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2814091531550330/k2311a0914/9.14.11