ELF Mineral Eyeshadow Primer
  • I found out the hard way that dark brown may not blend well if you put it on first
  • Overall, I think that it is fantastic, and even comparable to expensive, well-known primers like too-faced shadow insurance

• by joelle3800

I did not use an eyeshadow primer for years, and wondered why it was that my eyeshadow seemed to fade and slip off my face a lot faster than anyone else. I also wondered if only very expensive brands of eyeshadow lasted all day. And then I saw a review for this mineral eyeshadow online and thought that I would try it because I was ordering from E. L.

F. Anyway, and it would help me save on shipping costs. It was

only three dollars.

When it first arrived I wasn’t so sure about it. It is a thick, pasty looking primer with a matte beige look. I followed the instructions and patted it across my eyelids, all the way up to the brow the first time, and then let it dry.

It does take a little time, but once it has dried it works miracles! I have found that you need to keep your eyes shut while it dries, otherwise it may dry and leave crease marks that will stay all day, along with your eyeshadow. This primer makes even the cheapest, low-pigmented eyeshadow last all day and look great. I tried this with a wet and wild eyeshadow first and was surprised that the whites and blues, actually looked like white and blue.

They looked like expensive brands. It is a little hard to apply neutral looking eyeshadow without a little practice. I found out the hard way that dark ...

• ELF Mineral Eyeshadow Primer
      brown may not blend well if you put it on first.

I have found that it is best to put on a base color on top of the primer, and then build up the crease and highlights after that. These eye shadows will last all day, and look like you just applied them. I never put on eyeshadow without putting on primer first, and sometimes I even prime my lash line to make my eyeshadow last longer.

The product lasts

a long time too. I have had mine for over a year and I still have plenty of it left. It does a get a little discolored if you aren’t careful.

Eyeshadow colors or mascara and eyeliner will easily mix with the pigment. It also picks up some of your foundation every time, so the primer gets more and more pigmented too. Overall, I think that it is fantastic, and even comparable to expensive, well-known primers like too-faced shadow insurance.

I would recommend this to anyone.

Kailey says :

re : Overall, I think that it is fantastic, and even comparable to expensive, well-known primers like too-faced shadow insurance
Can t go wrong with a primer

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3114091531540330/k2311a0914/9.14.11