Singapore Mass Rapid Transport  » Railway  »
  • Despite this, I still feel my experience travelling with SMRT a rather pleasant one
  • In addition to this, the costs per ride is arguably cheap too, ranging from a standard 45 cents for student to approximately 2 dollars depending on distance for adults, which I believe is reasonable
  • In my opinion, however, the benefits certainly outweigh the drawbacks, and although the ambience and spaciousness cannot be compared to other railway systems overseas, I feel its safety standards and efficiency is definitely a xlass on its own, unique yet effective, thus earning my rating of an 8

• by Matthew Lou

Singapore Mass Rapid Transport, or SMRT for short, covers for bus and train transport systems in Singapore, However, as tihs would be too vague, I will only be reviewing its train transport system.

I feel that the SMRT”s train operation has been rather effective and safe, although it does face minor issues which put off people rather often. Despite this, I still feel my experience travelling with SMRT a rather pleasant one.

Firstly, the train moves at a rather quick speed for such a small

country, at approximately 70 kilometers per hour, which means one can travel from one end to the other within half an hour to an hour. Although it has no set time of arrival, the arguably short intermittent waiting times makes up for it. However, the intermittent waiting times of 3 to 7 minutes can make a huge difference in one”s punctuality at times, especially in such a small yet hectic country such as Singapore.

Secondly, I feel the train operations are extremely safe, with high safety regulations ...

• and little to no accidents of any kind so far, which will hopefully stay this. Although this might cause a huge loss of time, as one of those regulations are that there must be a minimum distance between trains, which results in frequent stoppages especially during peak hours, I feel safety is a much more important priority to have, as the saying goes: “Better late than never”. In addition to this, the costs per ride is arguably cheap too, ranging from a standard 45 cents for student
        to approximately 2 dollars depending on distance for adults, which I believe is reasonable.

Thus, in conclusion, this train system does have its drawbacks and benefits, as all things do arguably, just whether the drawbacks outweight the benefits or vice versa. In my opinion, however, the benefits certainly outweigh the drawbacks, and although the ambience and spaciousness cannot be compared to other railway systems overseas, I feel its safety standards and efficiency is definitely a xlass on its own, unique yet effective, thus earning my rating of an 8.

Singapore Mass Rapid Transport

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4414091531490330/k2311a0914/9.14.11