Malteser’s Chocolate  » Food  »
  • I bought this at a convenience store for Php40+
  • What I love about Maltesers is the malt content
  • I don’t know if this is for everyone, but I like Maltesers because of its unique flavour

• by asg

I love chocolates! I usually buy them and snack on them when I am working so that I could keep my blood sugar high enough. I just recently bought a single Maltesers pack. Maltesers come in a pack of 37grams. I haven’t got the chance to count the chocolate balls inside, maybe about 20. I bought this at a convenience store for Php40+.

What I love about Maltesers is the malt content! Actually it

tastes like Kit Kat. What makes it different from Kit Kat is that Maltesers doesn’t have malt in it. It comes in small bite-sized chocolate balls, without wafer inside. In Kit Kat you can feel the wafer each time you bite, but with Maltesers, it feels like it is somewhat hollow, so when I bite on it, it is not chewy (just like what you would expect from a chocolate ball). When I bite on it, it is very crunchy! Even in room temperature, the chocolate does not melt easily. I am glad that when I am at home and not using the A/C, when I reach inside the pack of my Maltesers, my fingers are not filled with melted chocolate.

The Maltesers that I bought is the original flavoured one. There are other flavours, and the one flavour that I had the privilege of tasting ...

• Malteser's Chocolate
      (only in Hong Kong though) was Maltesers Dark Chocolate. It just has the same amount of chocolate flavour and malt, only it is a bit bitter. The packaging has a different color too. These regular Maltesers come in the usual red packaging.

I don’t know if this is for everyone, but I like Maltesers because of its unique flavour. It has great mix of milk chocolate and some malt content, and if you are

familiar with Horlicks malt candies or drinks, then you will understand what I am talking about. But don’t expect to have a 100% malt taste though, this only comes with a hint of malt flavour so I really could not compare a chocolate filled malt with just plain malt candies.

For only Php40+ per pack (or even less, since I bought from a 7-11 so it’s more expensive), this is a great chocolate snack!

Azriel says :

Even if this chocolate is a bit too sweet for my taste, I like this occasionally because it is quite a unique chocolate, with malt. It is crunchy inside and the chocolates does not melt quick when you hold some in your hands. This is really a good alternative for chocolate bars that we are more used to.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2713091531330430/k2311a0913/9.13.11