GoDaddy Web Hosting Service  » Web Hosting  »
  • For a paid web hosting service I think the prices are affordable
  • I paid for 2 years of their Deluxe package this package includes
  • So it was great to finally have a service with databases, lots of space and lots of bandwidth and I thought the price was fair
  • I have a site launched on the service and I don’t really notice too much of a problem with handing traffic

• by SweetG

I am an aspiring web developer and I currently have a project in the works. In the past year I needed to purchase a web hosting service and I went with GoDaddy. And I really have mixed emotions about GoDaddy.

For a paid web hosting service I think the prices are affordable. I paid for 2 years of their Deluxe package this package includes: 150 GB of space, Unlimited Bandwidth, 500 email accounts and 25 MYSQL databases with 1 GB of space each. For this I paid $143.76. I was always used to the free hosting services you can find online and only a handful of those are actual worth

signing up for. So it was great to finally have a service with databases, lots of space and lots of bandwidth and I thought the price was fair. I have a site launched on the service and I don’t really notice too much of a problem with handing traffic.

The biggest plus in getting GoDaddy is that they offer FTP with their service as well. This makes it easier to upload files from your computer to your website. I have been with dozens of free services and I never found one that offered FTP (file transfer protocol). Godaddys FTP was easy for me to setup with my FTP program on ...

• my computer (I use Filezilla) and I was able to start seamlessly uploading my content to my server. Not having to do it a file at a time was great!

For a service that offers you web hosting, they certainly have a poor website. The site navigation is horrendous! I am a web design major and the way they did the navigation is so confusing. One a web place you should have a navigation at the top of the page or the left hand side of the page, also their should be links in your footer. They just have all types of navigation all over the place. They have a

lot of applets on the page that have to load so their site is very slow, I’ve logged off of their website in anger because it was taking me so long just to get where I need to be. They need to completely revamp their website. Web developers already have enough work to do you shouldn’t make them have to navigate all over the place just to reach their tools for their services.So far I am happy with the service, at this rate I will renew my hosting plan in 2013 when it expires. I give GoDaddy Hosting service an 8 out of 10 and just suggest they fix their horrendous website.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1513091531220430/k2311a0913/9.13.11