BrightHouse TV/Internet/Phone Service  » General services  »
  • Brighthouse is a company that suffers from bad quality and from what I’ve seen, not the best customer service
  • The big issue that I have with them is the amount of refurbished equipment they give out
  • But I know full and well that you shouldn't have to replace a brand new box 4 times in less than 2 years
  • I was the one who ended up figuring out the problem (we had a bad router) after fiddling with everything for a while

• by SweetG

I have been with quite a few services, such as Direct TV and Mediacom. Down in the area of Florida that I live in we have Brighthouse (which is a property of Time Warner). I moved here a year and a half ago and I had never even heard of Brighthouse, but hey there are tons of people who have never heard of Mediacom that come to Ohio. Time Warner to me is a big name, so from big names I expect big things. Their television packages are fine, a little pricey for not even being satellite but acceptable. Brighthouse is a company that suffers from bad quality and from what I’ve seen, not the best customer service.

We have a bundled package with HD channel, home phone with free long distance and high speed cable internet. What they

offer us is great but the quality of their service is not the greatest. At least twice a month the internet goes out, and this is a best case scenario. I am the one in the household who could really care less about the television, but I use the internet a lot and sometimes it is an inconvenience when there are frequent drops. On the plus side though I’ve never seen the internet have an outage for more than a day. A few years ago with Mediacom we had an outage and I had no internet for days- very close to a week.

I can’t say anything bad about the house phone. It is really great for when I need to call my Father in Ohio or Mother in North Carolina. The cell phone plan I am on, the minutes ...

• are shared with 5 people and we don’t get free calls until 7 at night and on the weekend. The phone service is not that expensive so it is worth the money that we pay for it.

The big issue that I have with them is the amount of refurbished equipment they give out. We live in a house of 6, we have a lot of TVs. For one, we’ve had so many problems with the boxes that we’ve at least had to go get “new” ones 4 times since I’ve been here in a year and a half. I can only assume it’s all refurbished equipment, and I’ve heard from some customers that it is. But I know full and well that you shouldn’t have to replace a brand new box 4 times in less than 2 years. If

they would spend the money for new equipment and lower the amount of refurbished equipment they used they would get less service calls and would have happier customers.

The technical end of customer service is below par. My boyfriends mother called one day because we were having a connectivity issue, the tech on the phone was of no help. I was the one who ended up figuring out the problem (we had a bad router) after fiddling with everything for a while. I am an IT major, but I work with web design and internet related stuff, I am not a network gal.

For what it is, Brighthouse is ok and affordable, they just need to do better on the inside of their company and strive for better customer service to get happier customers. I give Brighthouse a 7 out of 10!

gail smith says :

wE ARE NOT ABLE TO PROGRAM OUR T.V. REMOTE CONTROL WE WERE JUST SUPPLIED WITH A NEW CONTROL BOX. CISCO EXPLORER 4642HDC OUR T.V. IS A SONY KDLW4100 . WE HAVE TRIED ALL OF THE INSTRUCTIONS AS DIRECTED TO NO AVAILE ?? THEN I READ THAT THIS MAY NOT PROGRAM ALL EQUIPMENT MAKES AND MODELS ??? THIS MUST BE ONE OF THESE TIMES THIS WASN`T A PROBLEM WITH THE LAST BOX SUPPLIED . NOW WHAT ?? ONE OTHER PROBLEM WE HAVE IS THAT ON OUR INTERNET SERVICE WILL NOT STAY ON ?? WE GET A MESSAGE THAT CANNOT DISPLAY THIS WEB PAGE ?? WE HAVE A NEW HP DESKTOP WINDOWS7 WE HAD THE SAME PROBLEM WITH OUR E-MACHINE . IS THER A POSSIBILTY THIS MAY BE MICROSOFT`S PROBLEM ?? THANK`S GAIL SMITH

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2513091531200430/k2311a0913/9.13.11