Loreal True Match Super-blendable Concealer
2.5
  • I regard it to have the best texture amongst all liquid concealers
  • I suggest using a sponge afterward to blend and bind the concealer formidably in place
  • The price is a fraud at 15 dollars, and by no means would I recommend it at this cost

• by jhunie

I hopped from using one spot concealer to the next when caught in a rut with my aging mineral concealer. The mineral makeup craze has somewhat slumped, in my view, with scarce supplies of mineral concealers sold in stores. It was tough to find another mineral concealer simply because almost none were available. I resisted buying those that came in pots (I reason that they’re impractical for daily use). One of the transient concealers I tried, and my first since departing from mineral concealer, was the Loreal True Match super-blendable concealer. The ‘true match’ blurb denotes that the concealer matches the texture of the skin, as written.

If I say that were untrue, I’d be lying. The Loreal true match concealer has matched the kind of texture I want in a concealer. I regard it to have the best texture amongst all liquid concealers. What’s in a texture, really? It’s something that makes or breaks a product. I despair to find the one liquid concealer

that’s not sandy in texture. Other liquid formulas are thick, gritty, and congeal on top the skin, smearing so easily. Loreal is a tad emollient, and on top of that, it sort of sinks upon the skin like foundation. Consequently, you’ve got coverage that (to quote the blurb, again) ‘matches the texture of the skin,’ paving a smooth appearance, without looking like a gunk of something has clumped on the surface. Obviously with the texture, the blendable part just follows. The moist consistency allows precise blending with a brush. Application is much less labored due to the texture.

I have used this primarily as a spot concealer. The shade I got in N4-5, a neutral light to medium, offers medium to opaque coverage over spots. This shade goes invisible on my skin, spots included. From looking at the clear vial, where you can recognize explicitly the shade right away, it seems quite pigmented or darker. But the tint is very natural and easy to feather ...

• measurably in strokes. It is neither a shade darker nor lighter, but it zeroes in my skin tone (thanks to the many testers Loreal puts up in their counter). The concealer blurs dark spots, hyperpigmentation, and the unsightly broken capillaries on the corners of my nose. It fares rather strangely in the case of redness; the tint covers with a slight olive or green tinge. As I was still using my mineral loose foundation at the time, that corrected the olive tone.

What does not match is the texture, this time, in relation to my oily skin. The paradox is that, like so many other concealers, this one lasts poorly because I have oily skin. It’s particularly worse than my mineral concealer. Setting it with powder is not enough for the concealer to adhere without rubbing off. It grossly melts at the side of my nose. I really rooted to make this product work, but seeing the concealer oxidize (thought it was there all along for

me to acknowledge) was the final straw. The concealed pimple turned a grayish cast, and the zit was as prominent as ever. That, ladies and gentlemen, is what I call concealer malfunction!

The saturated texture would have been favorable for hiding dark circles. I suggest using a sponge afterward to blend and bind the concealer formidably in place. The shade truly adapts my skin tone. Then again the concealer oxidizes regardless how many layers are applied. It’s devised with a brush, which is soaked in way too much concealer to function properly as applicator. If in a hurry, spot concealing is still doable right out of the vial. You can control the amount by brushing the excess on the back of the hand. The price is a fraud at 15 dollars, and by no means would I recommend it at this cost. I guess the texture, however great it is, is not for me. There is some wasted potential in this product that Loreal needs to fix.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3112091530910430/k2311a0912/9.12.11