Capones Billiards  » Restaurants  »
10463 County Road 578 Spring Hill, FL 34609-5695
  • Capone's is a bar which caters to billiards, front what I learned the other night in my stooper they have leagues and tourneys and such, so all the pool sharks are very vital to their business
  • So from the bar is where you get the best view of everything because you can see all of it
  • I drink Jack and Coke when I go out, it is what I enjoy
  • I can’t say enough how much I love the factor of space in this bar
  • It was a great experience and I’d recommend it to anyone who likes to go out and have a good time and play some pool

• by SweetG

I went out to this little place a few nights ago and loved it. I went out to Capone’s for one of my coworkers wifes birthday. Capone’s is a bar which caters to billiards, front what I learned the other night in my stooper they have leagues and tourneys and such, so all the pool sharks are very vital to their business. But I really dig the environment of this place. I used to live in a very small town so the bars I went to were just holes in the wall with very dark and unstimulated.

This was not the case at Capone’s. It is a very spacious facility. Basically in the center was the bar on an elevated level. So from the bar is where you get the best view of everything because you can see all of it. On the right side of the bar all I could see was pool tables and to be honest I didn’t count any of them, but there was a lot! To the back side of where the bar was were some games

such as darts and a juke box. I did not see what was to the left side of the bar, but I can only assume that there were more pool tables. If not I could only assume there was a kitchen or dance floor on the other side.

At Capone’s is where I got to see a pool table for the first time that takes dollars. Oh how I hated having to always walk up to the bar and cash in for quarters just to play pool. The pool tables were in good condition and they had pool cues available for us to use, we didn’t have to bring our own.

The only complaint I have about the place is the prices. I drink Jack and Coke when I go out, it is what I enjoy. For one drink in your standard sized plastic cup was $5.50. That is ridiculous and unfortunate for me because I only brought 20 dollars with me because I always seem like I am missing money when I am sober the day after so I just don’t bring a lot of ...

• cash to the bar. After the first one I had to switch to Rum and coke because it was a dollar cheaper and I’m sure they were not using top shelf whiskey.

I can’t say enough how much I love the factor of space in this bar. I don’t go out a lot because in most bars and clubs (with a high volume of customers) I feel like my space is being invaded. We were there on a Saturday Night- during peak bar hours. They were decently busy, but because of the space and how the facility is set up, I didn’t feel like I was having my space violated all night long.

The thing that I love about the place the most is the mafia theme. The whole place is decked out in mafia memorabilia. I am a sucker for mafia related entertainment. For years I played an online mafia themed role playing game, currently I even write part time for a mafia entertainment related blog. So everything down to the decor of this place was totally me. The Juke box also had some decent music. It

had a mix of all sorts of genres, which I find appealing when I’m drunk because I like to listen to everything.

Cleanliness was also on the up and up- like most bars it did not creep me out. I will not use a restroom at a bar because I’ve seen some nasty looking bar bathrooms and its no where I will place my bottom. I had to go while I was there, I walked in the restroom and it was spotless and I had no issues with using their restroom facility. Cleanliness is a big issue for me in any place that servers food/beverages. Rule of thumb: if the front of house is dirty or unclean- the back of the place is probably worse.

I had a really good time at Capone’s and I will go there again, I might have to look into any special occasions that they have so the drinks don’t drain my bank account. It was a great experience and I’d recommend it to anyone who likes to go out and have a good time and play some pool. 10 out of 10 for Capone’s!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 712091530790430/k2311a0912/9.12.11