DG Home Odor Eliminating Spray Mountain Air  » Housewares  »
  • I like to try new products and will give almost anything at least one try
  • The smell was very similar to the basic odor neutralizers from Air Wick and Glade that I have never really enjoyed
  • After about five minutes I sniffed the curtains and noticed that it did not completely eliminate the cigarette scent, but had diminished it by at least 90 percent
  • I feel that it is a little better for the room than actual fabrics, and would recommend it to anyone fighting strong odors, such as cigarette smoke

• by adrean_j

It has always been fairly important to me to keep odors out of my home. Considering that my husband smokes, the house always has room for a little freshening up. I have always hated walking into my front door and noticing that my house smells like an ashtray. I like to try new products and will give almost anything at least one try. Recently, I came upon the DG Home Odor Eliminating Spray in Mountain Air scent. This spray was on sale at my local Dollar General store and was very inexpensive, costing only one dollar. The 16 ounce bottle was not very big and easy to grasp. The trigger was firm, but did not give too much resistance, as I sprayed it. I liked that the

scent of this odor eliminator is strong, but I did not like the actually Mountain Air scent. The smell was very similar to the basic odor neutralizers from Air Wick and Glade that I have never really enjoyed. It was not refreshing, but kind of reminded me of very strong cologne.

It did not take very much spray to kill odors in a room. Four or five sprays was usually enough to rid the room of odors. Just to test this product, I sprayed it in my room, closed the door and did not return for an hour. When I opened the door, I realized that the room did not smell good, but it did smell clean and clear of any odors. I did not smell any ...

• smoke and thought it did a sufficient job. I have also used this DG Home Odor Eliminating Spray to try to freshen up my fabrics. I sprayed my curtains, since they are notorious for holding cigarette smoke. After about five minutes I sniffed the curtains and noticed that it did not completely eliminate the cigarette scent, but had diminished it by at least 90 percent. I could still smell a hint of smoke, but that was only as I held the curtains to my face. I also used this spray on my couches and liked that it kept them from holding any type of odors.

The thing I did not like about this spray was the fact that it was very heavy and wet. I like

to use sprays that are light and evaporate easily, but this one did not. Whenever I sprayed the air, I could feel the heavy drops fall to the floor. I also hated that after spraying my furniture, I would have to wait ten minutes because the couch would feel wet and cold. Overall, this was a pretty decent product as far as odor eliminating. It is not as good as major brands, such as Febreeze, but it is okay for the nifty price of a dollar. I feel that it is a little better for the room than actual fabrics, and would recommend it to anyone fighting strong odors, such as cigarette smoke. I would not recommend it to anyone who is looking for something with a very refreshing scent.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5312091530650430/k2311a0912/9.12.11