Georgia Aquarium  » Entertainment  »
225 Baker Street Northwest Atlanta, GA 30313
  • I had never been to the aquarium, so I thought it sounded like fun
  • I must say upon arriving at the aquarium I was very impressed with the building
  • The parking cost is twenty dollars, so my friend and I parked down the street at a ten dollar parking garage
  • Overall, I will return to the aquarium and highly recommend going to anybody who has never been

• by pengirl

My best friend came to visit me from out of town and wanted to visit the Georgia Aquarium. I had never been to the aquarium, so I thought it sounded like fun. I must say upon arriving at the aquarium I was very impressed with the building. The aquarium is a large building in the middle of Atlanta and is near other attractions such as the World of Coke Museum and the Mart shopping center. The building is easily seen from the road, and the parking garage for the aquarium is easily accessible and seen from Baker Street.

The parking cost is twenty dollars, so my friend and I parked down the street at a ten dollar parking garage. The cost for the aquarium is high depending on what activities you would like to do at the aquarium. General Admission is close to fifty

dollars a person and if you want to attend the dolphin show your cost will be more then fifty dollars. The good news is that if you look online you can find coupons that knock down the price.

I was fortunate that my work does a huge discount, and my friend and I got in for twenty dollars a piece. The aquarium is worth the cost. As you walk in, a bunch of photographers are waiting to take your picture. The pictures turned out really nice and were twenty dollars for a packet.

The aquarium is set up in six different exhibits plus the dolphin exhibit which is brand new for this year. Each exhibit has a different theme and different sea animals that you view. The exhibits are glassed in and absolutely gorgeous decorated. In one exhibit you walk through a tunnel, so ...

• the fish are swimming above your head.

I was impressed that there are whales and sharks and large fish that have huge exhibits to swim in. Then there is one exhibit where you can touch shrimp, sting rays, and horseshoe crabs. There is also various activities going on such as face painting, cartoon character drawings, and painting. The aquarium is kid friendly having a large playground for the kids and a large area to park your childs stroller.

There are also tunnels under the exhibits and a penguin area for the kids to be up close to the penguins. There is always a show going on at one of the exhibits whether it is the dolphin show or a show with the penguins. There is also a cafeteria for getting food and a gift shop with lots of gift options. There is also

a large room for hosting parties or dinners.

It is called the Ocean Ballroom and is glassed in with gorgeous exhibits of sea animals on almost all sides of the room. It is a large rooms with lots of tables. The only negative aspect to the aquarium is the cost. I got a cup of soda for three dollars, and my friends whole meal of a hamburger, drink and fries was almost fifteen dollars.

The average cost of the aquarium is a bit high at fifty dollars also. The aquarium also is very crowded and kids are usually up close to the glass, so it is hard to see some of the exhibits. There is long lines for getting a ticket in to the aquarium and lots of people milling around. Overall, I will return to the aquarium and highly recommend going to anybody who has never been.

Georgia Aquarium

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 5911091530580630/k2311a0911/9.11.11