Sally Hansen Gel Cuticle Remover  » Cosmetics  »
  • Something that I do not like about this product is that I definitely do not feel like it is as strong or effective as other gel/cream cuticle removers that I have used in the past
  • Another thing that I dislike about this product is the lack of control from the nozzle tip

• by Intensify

I paint my nails literally every single week – sometimes twice a week. This can wreak havoc on the strength of my nails as well as my cuticles. I purchased the Sally Hansen Gel Cuticle Remover last week to help with the upkeep of my cuticles. It was only four dollars at Walgreen’s and the instructions on the box looked pretty straightforward. It’s basically just a gel that you apply to the base of the fingernails, right over the cuticles. After leaving it on for about 1-2 minutes, you can push back the cuticles and then wash off the remaining product with warm water. I have used this product twice since purchasing it

and I do like it somewhat. I am not overly enthusiastic about it, but it does get the job done. It doesn’t leave my cuticles looking as great as they do after I have left a nail salon and gotten my nails done professionally, but it does do a good job of keeping them healthy.

I guess I do like the design of this product. The bottle itself is a squeeze bottle with this little nozzle tip through which the product is squeezed. That tip doubles as a tool that you can use to push back your cuticles after the gel has been applied. I think that is such a smart design. I would have hated to have to buy a separate tool to use for pushing the cuticle back so I appreciate this thoughtful design.

Though this product touts the fact that it has super natural ingredients like kiwi extract, wheat protein, and jojoba, I do not notice that it is any better or worse for my cuticles than products that aren’t as natural. The gel feels pretty good once on my nails. It’s actually quite soothing. I have absolutely no idea why the instructions say not to leave the gel on for more than 10 minutes, but I am hoping that there is no dangerous ingredients in this product that would cause irritation. That ...

• Sally Hansen Gel Cuticle Remover
      slightly concerns me.

Something that I do not like about this product is that I definitely do not feel like it is as strong or effective as other gel/cream cuticle removers that I have used in the past. What I mean by that is that even though this gel does soften up my cuticles so they are easier to remove, I still have to really work at them with the nozzle tip to separate them from my nails. I have used products in the past that have literally been so good that they practically make my cuticles fall off themselves without any work on my end from special tools.

Another thing that I dislike

about this product is the lack of control from the nozzle tip. I end up squeezing way too much product onto my fingers no matter how hard I try to control the amount of product that comes out. It’s ridiculous. I feel like I’m going to end up using this entire small tube up very quickly. Overall, I have to give the Sally Hansen Gel Cuticle Remover a rating of a 6 out of 10. I would say that it is a good quality, inexpensive cuticle remover. That said, there are better products out there (that are only priced a few dollars more). I will probably not continue to purchase this particular cuticle remover.

Sally Hansen Gel Cuticle Remover

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 3111091530470530/k2311a0911/9.11.11