Neutral Milk Hotel - Gardenhead/Leave Me Alone (Song)  » Music  »
  • Opening up immediately with Magnum’s voice along with a rhythm guitar and drum beat behind him, the song takes on a fairly more aggressive sound than any of the other songs on this record thus far in my opinion
  • Like the other tracks on this album, the music itself doesn’t really strike me as anything too interesting, but somehow Jeff Magnum manages to come up with yet another strong vocal performance that makes up for what the musical sections lack in terms of a standout factor
  • Overall, Gardenhead/Leave Me Alone does have some solid songwriting, but it’s unfortunately another track which fails to leave a huge impression on me
  • Overall, if you found that you typically enjoyed the sound the band has this record, this would be another song to check out but it’s nothing to go out of your way for if you didn’t love the record

• by grimmy101

Gardenhead/Leave Me Alone is a song by Neutral Milk Hotel and is the eighth song on their debut album On Avery Island. Opening up immediately with Magnum’s voice along with a rhythm guitar and drum beat behind him, the song takes on a fairly more aggressive sound than any of the other songs on this record thus far in my opinion.

somehow Jeff Magnum manages to come up with yet another strong vocal performance that makes up for what the musical sections lack in terms of a standout factor.

Interestingly enough, the horn makes yet another appearance on this track and although it usually strikes me as being more of an instrument that would be used in subtle fashions, it once again is probably the most prominent instrument in the mix, but it still sounds good so I have no complaints ...

• here.

Overall, Gardenhead/Leave Me Alone does have some solid songwriting, but it’s unfortunately another track which fails to leave a huge impression on me.

Though I may just need a few more listens of this song, it currently strikes me as being solid but nothing that has anything in it which would make me want to go out of my way for it.

Though I wouldn’t say that the quality of the album is declining at this point, the songs are

making less and less of an impression on me, so I’m truly hoping that Neutral Milk Hotel can come back with something which really hits me and is able to have something which really distinguishes it from the other songs throughout this record.

Overall, if you found that you typically enjoyed the sound the band has this record, this would be another song to check out but it’s nothing to go out of your way for if you didn’t love the record.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 149091530360430/k2311a099/9.9.11