Neutral Milk Hotel - Snow Song Pt. 1 (Song)
  • Similar to the first song on this EP, the vocals to the first verse of this song do not jump out to me in terms of having too much character, but I do like the darker atmosphere that the band has established thus far and I hope they can go somewhere interesting with it
  • Continuing on, the band goes through several verse sections without really having a true chorus of the song before the track comes to a completely disjointed section (Which I think is supposed to be treated more of a hidden track) before coming to its eventual end

• by grimmy101

Snow Song Pt. 1 is a song by Neutral Milk Hotel which is the second song on their EP, Everything Is.

Similar to the opening track on this EP, the band sticks to the fuzzy sounding tone which has slowed down on this song and sounds a bit darker.

character, but I do like the darker atmosphere that the band has established thus far and I hope they can go somewhere interesting with it.

To perhaps give a listener a familiar point of reference, as I’m listening to this track I can slightly hear sounds which slightly remind me of the sound Animal Collective would go on to take on in some songs.

Continuing on, the band goes through several verse sections without really having a true ...

• chorus of the song before the track comes to a completely disjointed section (Which I think is supposed to be treated more of a hidden track) before coming to its eventual end.

Overall, I thought that this track had an interesting sound for the most part in that the vocal performance had a fairly eerie tone and the music helps to reinforce this.

Personally, I would’ve liked the track to have taken on a different sound quality perhaps at

the middle of the song, but the band stays very steady in their performance of this track and it sounds pretty similar from the start to finish.

In my opinion, this song isn’t nearly as accessible as the title track of the EP, but it still features some interesting sections and may be worth checking out.

This track isn’t something that personally blows me away, but I still think that I would enjoy listening to it every now and then.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in September, 2011. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 149091530250430/k2311a099/9.9.11